Saturday 5 March 2016

Product Review & Swatches: Sacha Cosmetics Intense Matte Lip Velvets

Hello everyone!

I apologize for my disappearing act last week, but I was a bit under the weather, and decided to take it easy, hence no post. However, I'm back today with a review that I am extremely excited to bring to you!
Within recent months, Sacha Cosmetics, which is a Trinidadian brand, launched their Intense Matte Lip Velvets. These are their liquid lip colours, and they're beautiful. I had a few friends raving to me about these Lip Velvets, so I decided why not give them a try. I must say Sacha did a great job on these. From packaging, to colour range, Sacha hit the nail on the head.

Sacha Intense Matte Lip Velvet
Price:
  • At local Pennywise stores, these cost TT$44, while at Sacha Image Centres they cost TT$50. I don't believe these are available online at website. 
Packaging:
  • I adore the packaging of this product. I really love polka dots, and paired with the flat matte finish of both the glass bottle and plastic lid, it screams cute and chic. 

Applicator: 
  • This has your everyday doe foot applicator. 

Product:
  • The texture of the lip velvets are very reminiscent of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, which I adore. They are soft, velvet smooth, and they aren't extremely drying on the lips. 
  • For me, they are opaque in one coat/application, but you can build up the intensity if you like. 
  • These don't have any fragrance or scent to them, so if you're sensitive to fragrance, you can give these a try. 
  • I've heard positive reviews from persons with extremely sensitive skin and lips about these, and they don't cause them any irritation.
  • These are not completely budge proof, but they do hold up after eating and/or drinking. 
  • They don't flake like the L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss, and are easier to reapply if needed than the L.A. Girl. 
 Swatches: The following are swatches of the following four (4) shades: 

  1. Partner In Crime - Red-Toned Chocolate Brown
  2. I'm In The Nude - Neutral-Toned Nude
  3. That's What She Said - Vibrant Purple *(2 layers)
  4. Pass The Money - Vibrant Fire Red
Conclusion:
I honestly don't have anything bad to say about these. I've been wearing Partner In Crime and I'm In The Nude, almost everyday since I bought them, and they really are some amazing lip products. For the price, the quality of the product is exceptional. I prefer it over my ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip, because this formula is more comfortable on the lips, even if you forget to prep your lips with lip balm. The L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Glosses can't stand up to these. These are honestly one of the best matte lip colours I've tried. This and the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color are my new go-to liquid lip colours.

If you can get your hands on these, you definitely should. They are worth every cent. I would definitely recommend these to everyone!
Great job Sacha Cosmetics!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't worn That's What She Said because it is the latest one I've recently added, but I will be trying it out on the lips very soon. Stay tuned to my Instagram (@ladyjpsych) for pictures of that.
I'm considering doing a full lip swatch picture on my IG, so please let me know if you'd like to see that.

Until next time, stay happy, healthy, and positive!
Bye!
(^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment