Friday 22 May 2015

Mascara Triple Threat Battle: L'Oréal Butterfly vs. Maybelline The Rocket vs. Maybelline Lash Sensational

Hello everybody, welcome back to my blog. This week, I'm going to be reviewing not one, but three mascaras. Now I know I've mentioned the L'Oréal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in previous blog post, but I was getting a bit bored of it so I decided to try a couple other mascara both from Maybelline, and do a comparison of them and try to figure out which one I like the most. So enough rambling, let's get on with the battle!

L'Oréal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara
Undoubtedly a favourite of mine, I've mentioned in multiple posts including favorites and it is my golden standard for mascara. It lengthens and voluminizes the lashes without clumping, smudging or flaking. It's one of the best mascaras I've ever used and it is a staple in my collection. 
Lash-Out Butterfly Mascara in Blackest Black
Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Mascara
This mascara has had a lot of hype and raving reviews since it first launched, but I was quite skeptical about it so I never tried it out until two weeks ago, and man, do I regret not trying it out earlier. The volume and definition this mascara gives the lashes is crazy. It gives me a more dramatic look than the L'Oreal Butterfly and Miss Manga Mascaras ever did. I have to give credit to the wand on this mascara, it's a rubber want with small bristles that get to ever single lash, including the ones I didn't even know I had. The formula is a bit wet, even after being opened for two weeks, but it doesn't cause my eye lashes to droop throughout the day, it's practically weightless. Another major plus for this mascara is the fact that it does not give me crunchy, brittle eyelashes. I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this mascara, it is indeed now a must have for me!
The Rocket Volume Express by Maybelline

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (Waterproof)
I accidentally picked up this mascara in the waterproof formula, and I will admit I'm not the biggest fan of waterproof mascara, because the leave my lashes feeling crunchy and brittle, however, I got so excited when I finally found it, I didn't realise it was the waterproof formula but I figured I'd still give it a fair chance. Unfortunately, despite being waterproof, I experienced some smudging and flaking with this mascara, which usually never happens when I wear waterproof mascaras. Neither the Voluminous Butterfly nor The Rocket have smudged on me and they aren't waterproof, so I don't know why that smudging occurred. 
Another thing I've noticed, despite this mascara having an identical want to the Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, the Lash Sensational gives the lashes a very natural and defined look, it's not very sensational at all in my opinion. It's a good mascara if you aren't looking for a dramatic lash look, or if you in a rush and just want to pop on some mascara without your lashes looking like you're wearing a lot of product. Honestly, with a name like Lash Sensational, I was expecting sensational lashes, but all I got was a natural and defined lashes. I will continue to use it, but I highly doubt I will be repurchasing this mascara. 
Lash Sensational Mascara by Maybelline

Winner!: Mayybelline The Rocket Mascara!!!
I was completely blown off my feet with the impact this mascara has on my lashes and I will continue to purchase it. As much as I love my Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, The Rocket amplifies my lashes, truly intensifying the drama.
 
I thought about doing this post last night, which is why it's so late (if you're reading this on Friday). I had to wait until I got home from work to complete this post, so thank you all for being patient. Next week's post will be on time (hopefully). Thank you all for all of the support, stay clued to my Instagram (@ladyjpsych), where I'll be posting another IntsaReview during the week and maybe a few more selfies.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend and great upcoming week, stay happy, healthy and positive and I shall see you soon! 
Bye-bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment