Saturday 21 May 2016

Makeup Play #1: Positive Princess in Pink

For the past month and a half, I've not felt very inspired to play around with my makeup. My go-to no makeup-makeup look, was my constant day to day look, with just minor variations of my lipstick or gloss.

On Monday April 18th, I asked some of my friends to pick a colour, and I would use that colour as the central focus of my makeup for the following day. My friend Z, chose pink (her favourite colour is pink). If you're wondering why I called this the Positive Princess in Pink look, I made a promise to be extra positive and happy, as opposed to my usual snarky and biting sarcasm.

I decided to do pink on pink i.e.; pink/mauve and plum eyeshadows paired with a muted pink lip and I actually really loved it.

Positive Princess in Pink :D
Eyes:

Lid Colour: Sephora Colorful Eyeshadow in Hold Me Tight (shimmer)...(apparently this shadow is discontinued) D:

Hold Me Tight - In varying light, the colour shifts from mauve pink with shimmer to semi-metallic pink


Transition: L.A. Colors Eyeshadow Pot in Bare Mauve (matte)

Bare Mauve is neutral brown, perfect transition shade.

Outer Corner & Lower Lash Line: Avon Single Eyeshadow in Plum Burgundy (matte)

Plum Burgundy - Smooth and blendable
 
Eyeliner: 
L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner in Blackest Black (top)
Milani Shadow Eyez in Almond Cream (waterline).

Mascara: Revlon Ultimate All-In-One

Lips:
Colourpop Cosmetics Lippie Stix in Lumiere

I kept the skin very simple. Using my Maybelline Matte and Poreless Foundation and Powder in 310 Sun Beige, and a tiny amount of my Sacha Buttercup Loose Powder, under the eyes. I used the smallest amount of bronzer around the perimeter of my face.

This was a fun, yet simple look to create, and I had so much fun doing it, that for the next few weeks, I got more of my friends to choose colours for me to build looks around. I will be posting the full details for those looks on the blog in the upcoming weeks.

Question: Should I do short videos demonstrating my makeup looks? I'm not a pro makeup artist in any way, but if you would like to see the method to my madness, please let me know?

That's all for today everyone, thank you so much for stopping by my Mind Palace. This is J, and I hope you all had fun. As always stay happy, healthy and positive, and I will talk to you all again very soon.

Bye
(^_^)/.

No comments:

Post a Comment