Saturday 7 May 2016

My No-Makeup Makeup Look

Hello everyone!
If you follow me on Instagram, you would notice that I've been rocking some heavy makeup recently.
I've always been a bit of a minimalist when it comes to my makeup, so recently I've been stepping out of my neutral comfort zone, and been playing around with bolder colours, but I do have my days when I just don't feel like putting in all the effort to do my makeup.

For me, makeup application is usually the most fun, and even therapeutic part of my day, however, I've been extremely tired and run down, essentially burnt out, and it takes a lot out of me to pull off what to many may seem as a basic eyeshadow look.
On those days when I just don't have the energy or will to do a full face of makeup, but I still want to look awake, and pulled together, I turn to my go-to no-makeup makeup look. It is a quick and easy look to do, using some of my favourite drugstore products.

Left (Bare Face), Right (No Makeup-makeup look)
From the picture, the difference is as clear as day.

No-Makeup Makeup Look Requirements: These are my personal requirements, however, you can feel free to alter to your own needs.
  • Filled in eyebrows (I wear glasses, so my brows tend to get lost behind my frames)
  • Mascara (lifts my eyes, makes me look more awake)
  • Evened out complexion 
  • Dark circles lightly concealed
  • Neutral lips ( usually matte, although I go for the occasional gloss)
Products Used:
  • Face: L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation (328 Sun Beige)
  • Under Eyes: L.A. Girl Pro Conceal (Pure Beige) w/ Sacha Buttercup Loose Powder to set
  • Eyebrows: Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown
  • Mascara: Revlon Ultimate All-In-One Mascara (502 Black)
  • Lips: NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in London (SM04)  
Unless I've pre-planned a makeup look, this is my go-to look, and I absolutely love it.
This brings us to the end of this week's post, and I'm sorry that my posting is still a bit sporadic, but I'm truly trying to recover from burn out. I did have a scheduled post for last week but it did not come out the way I wanted so I chose no to upload it.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great weekend! Feel free to follow me on Instagram, and/or Pinterest (J's Mind Palace Blog).
Stay happy, healthy, and positive guys, and I will talk to you soon.
Bye (^_^)/

Links:
 L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation 

Revlon Ultimate All-In-One Mascara:
 http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2016/02/product-review-revlon-ultimate-all-in.html

L.A. Girl Pro Conceal: 
 http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/11/product-review-la-girl-pro-conceal-in.html

Sacha Buttercup Powder:
http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/10/product-review-sacha-cosmetics_16.html

No comments:

Post a Comment