Friday 12 June 2015

My Favourite Single Eyeshadows Part 1 - Bronze, Copper and Gold


Hello darlings!! Today, I'm going to be posting all about some of my favourite single eyeshadows that are great for a single eyeshadow look. I took my inspiration for this post from emilynoel83, from a video she did I believe back in 2013, all about her favourite stand alone eyeshadows that are capable of being used for a one-eyeshadow look. 

A little warning : If you live in Trinidad and Tobago, the Avon Single Eyeshadows I'm mentioning, may not be available to you, because Avon has officially stopped selling their products to Trinidad and I believe a few other Caribbean islands.  I'm sorry for including them since they are hard to get your hands on, but you don't need to get the exact products listed here.

All of the eyeshadows that will be mentioned, are a mid-tone colour with a shimmery/metallic in finish, but when blended into the crease, they take on a softer, more satin look, creating the illusion of two separate shadows on the eye.I usually do this type of eyeshadow look when I'm strapped for time on a morning, or if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to use multiple eyeshadows for one look.

Simple, One Eyeshadow Look Using Avon Satin Taupe Single Eyeshadow

1. Bronze and Copper

Bronzes and Coppers look amazing on brown eyes, because to me they bring out the richness in the brown. I also find that these shadows bring out the warmth in my skintone. I have a warm/yellow undertone to my skin (MAC NC44/ True Match W7).

 
Top Row:
  • Avon Single Eyeshadow (full review in archives)
    • Copper - (true copper colour)
    • Bronze Luster - (deep smokey bronze shade with some gold shimmer throughout)
    • Satin Taupe - (a brown taupe shade)
Bottom Row:
  • Milani Single Powder Eyeshadow - Caramel Brown (A golden bronze brown)
  • L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow - Bronzed Taupe- The Infallible Eyeshadows from L'Oreal, closely resemble a pressed pigment and are best applied with the fingers.
Swatches of each of the aforementioned eyeshadows.
All of these eyeshadows are very soft and pigmented, and they don't typically need any base/primer beneath them unless you have super oily eyelids, then I will recommend using a eyeshadow primer underneath.

2. Gold

Excuse me while I rip off Goldmember from Austin Powers by saying, " I love gold!"
Gold eyeshadow on my eyelids just make me extremely happy. I have a good number of gold eyeshadows, but the following three (3), are my favourite for a single eyeshadow look.
Each of these shadows have a very warm tone but are not strong yellow golds by any means, therefore they really bring out the warmth in the skin, or at least in my skin.
Slight warning about the Prestige eyeshadow, it is super pigmented, the texture is quite similar to the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows, where it feels incredibly soft, but the amount of pigment is insane, so be very careful when applying it. I recommend applying onto the lid with a finger, then blending out with a fluffy brush like the CALA 311 or Ecotools Blending Brush.

 Left to Right:
  • NYX Single Eyeshadow- Oro 
  • Prestige Eyeshadow - Golden Retriever
  • Milani Runway Eyes Baked Eyeshadow - Bronze Doll
Swatches
Part 2 of this series will go live either next Friday or this Sunday, I haven't decided on that just yet, but I didn't want to make this post too picture heavy. I've also bought some new products to test out, and I can't wait to get to work on those post. I'll post a picture of the hauled products on Instagram, so be sure to follow me over there, also I posted my May favourites on my Instagram also so feel free to check it out (@ladyjpsych).

I believe that is all for today, I hope you all have a great weekend, and a great week, and I will talk to you all again very soon.
Stay happy, positive and healthy darlings.
Bye ^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment