Saturday 28 May 2016

Product Empties: Skincare and Makeup

Hello and welcome everyone!

Today is a quick post about products I've used up, or am about to completely finish, and give you a small update on the products, if I've reviewed them before.

Skincare:
  1. Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub - This scrub is the purest definition of non-abrasive exfoliant. It is perfect for anyone with sensitive skin, as it does not irritate the skin, nor does it have any fragrance or perfume. However, for my skin, it was far too gentle. I have oily/combination skin, and sometimes my skin needs something with a bit more grit to it. Lately, my skin has been tumultuous and this scrub did not cut it. At the moment, I'm back to using Freeman's Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask, which I adore. Although this scrub is nice, it isn't a favourite, and sadly this is one Simple product I will not be repurchasing.
  2. Bio-Oil - I already have a back-up bottle of this stuff. I really love Bio-Oil. It has helped with my hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone greatly. This product is amazing. 
Makeup:
  1. Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown - I know you're probably looking at the picture and saying that it is not nearly used up, however, the brow gel has begun to dry out, and the pencil is now merely a stub. This is my usual everyday, go-to product, but I do want to try something different for a bit. Would I repurchase? Yes, I would. It is a great two-in-one product to have especially if you're always on the go, and need to do your brows in a pinch.
  2. Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original) - A fresh tube of UDPP is an amazing experience. Perfectly smooth application, that allows for creaseless eyeshadow wear all day.
    An old tube of UDPP is a wreck. I found that the product itself did not apply well to my eye region, my eyeshadows ended up creasing within a couple of hours of wear. I already have a second un-opened UDPP that was gifted to me by a friend, which I will hold onto, because I've really been enjoying my Milani Eyeshadow Primer. Although the UDPP is great, the Milani Primer does the same job, maybe even better job, and is a fraction of the price. Sorry UDPP, you've been benched!
  3. L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Makeup (328 Sun Beige) - It took so long to finish using this foundation, because a little goes a long way. I love the finish and the weightless feel of this foundation. In recent months, Trinidad's temperature has been hitting some staggering highs, and this foundation never completely broke down. My oils would break through the foundation, but rarely did I ever notice the product disappearing from my face. In the extreme heat, it held its ground. Would I repurchase? Yes, I would but only if the price drops at my local stores. TT$100 really??? L'Oreal True Match and Maybelline Matte and Poreless are both less expensive, and I absolutely love them, and I would quicker repurchase them. 
 See, a super quick and simple post. My internet has been dropping all day, hence the super late post. Nonetheless, thank you all so much for stopping by this crazy place known as J's Mind Palace. I'm J, and I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

Bye guys!
(^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment