Saturday 25 June 2016

Makeup Play #2: Easy & Fun Greens a.k.a Wearable Toph Inspired Makeup

Earlier this year, my good friend introduced me to the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and I binge-watched hard. When Toph Beifong was introduced, I knew that I had found my favourite "hero" character; Uncle Iroh is pretty much the best.

I decided to try and do series of looks for each of the elements, and for my favourite characters throughout the series, although I have hit a bit of snag in doing this, this Toph Inspired Makeup, was undoubtedly one of the best makeup looks I've ever done. The week I did this look, my friend, M. chose green as my makeup colour for the day.
Close Up on my Toph Inspired Makeup
For a Toph Beifong Inspired Look, I needed greens and yellow to represent her Earth Bending, but also some cool silvers or greys to represent her Metal Bending.

 I ended up using eyeshadows from two (2) different palettes; one inexpensive and one "high-end". The greens and yellow I used were from the L.A. Colors 12 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Brown Buzz.
L.A. Color 12 Color Eyeshadow Palette - Brown Buzz
N.B: I will be doing a full review with swatches on this palette.
The 3 shades marked with a white dot, are what I used on the eyelid. The second green is the main colour on the lid, while the third was used in the outer corner to build depth and definition. I blended out crease with L.A. Color Eyshadow Pot in Bare Mauve. The first green, I mixed in with a touch of yellow for a sparkling inner corner highlight.
 

The second palette used was the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette, and I used this mainly for the lower lash line.

I used the last two shimmer shades on the inner and outer portions respectively, and the second to last matte shade to gently blend it out.

Finished face
Doing this look made me fall in love with green eyeshadow, and definitely encouraged me to step out of my neutral zone.
Until next time, stay happy, healthy and positive, and I will talk to you again soon!
Bye guys!
(^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment