Saturday 11 June 2016

Product Review: Milani Shadow Eyez 12 HR Eyeshadow

Hello everyone!

Another quick review coming your way today. This post was supposed to be done last week, but I was under the weather after getting completely drenched in rain last week (>_<)'.

A couple months ago, I picked up two (2) of the Milani Shadow Eyez pencils to test out. I've seen and heard a lot of buzz about them since they initially launched, but because of my oily skin, and the intense weather here in Trinidad, I didn't think they would work well on me.
I did buy these both on sale for TT$26, and they retail for approximately US$7.49 on the Milani Cosmetics website. 

My Milani Shadow Eyez Pencils
Shades: 
09 Café Au Lait - Cool-toned Brown (Matte)
10 Almond Cream - Neutral Beige (Matte)

I chose these shades for a couple reasons;
  1. They were on sale!
  2. Emilynoel83 always talks highly of the Shadow Eyez in Almond Cream, and if she's says it is good, then it must be good.
  3. Jackie Aina videos were the first time I saw Café Au Lait in use, and I just fell for the shade.
Swatch:
Almond Cream (top), Café Au Lait (bottom)


Product Claim: This water-resistant and crease-proof eyeshadow pencil can be worn multiple ways—as a shadow, liner and highlighter. (from Milani Cosmetics Website)

My Experience: When I first swatched these pencils, I was amazed how creamy and silky they were, and their pigmentation is amazing! The swatches shown above are one swipe of each pencil. I use Almond Cream as a highlighter under my brows, and sometimes to brighten up the inner rim of my eyes. It never smudged in my waterline, and most waterproof pencils smudge on me, since my eyes tend to get watery quite easily these days. This product lives up to its claim of being water-resistant.
As an eyeshadow or eyeshadow base, these pencils work magnificently well. They blend easily onto the eyes, and they stay put. I haven't experienced any creasing while using it as a base, nor have I had problems blending powder eyeshadows over them. 

The only jumbo eyeshadow pencils I have that I can compare this with are the Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick. They have a similar feel, very creamy and silky. Both have great pigmentation, and no smudging or smearing while in the waterline. Both are great products and you won't be disappointed with either in my honest opinion.

I love multi-use products like this, and I've been contemplating getting a couple more shades to use as fun pops of colour, since the ones I own don't budge even on the most humid days.
I also love when a product lives up to its claims, and when you get a great product on sale, even better!

I hope you all enjoyed today's post, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I have a quiz to go study for, so I will catch you next week (hopefully).
Stay happy, positive and healthy guys!
Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment