Sunday 29 October 2017

Product Review: L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

Two blog posts in one month (O.O)?! Yes!

Hello everyone!
Today, I'm going to be sharing my thoughts and experience using one of the most hyped "drugstore"makeup product in 2017, L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara.
This mascara is absolutely beautiful, and I'm not talking about the packaging. The formula of this mascara, and the brush, just perk your lashes up so well. It is essentially a push up bra for your eyelashes.
The product builds up easily, without clumping my eyelashes, and for me personally, the more I run the brush through my lashes, the better the results. I've been using this mascara for over a month now (possibly 6-7weeks), and it is the first one I reach for. I typically rotate 2-3 tubes of mascara at any given time, so for me to be continuously reaching for this mascara every time I do my makeup, shows me that I just love what it does for my eyelashes.

I usually go for Blackest Black, however, it would seem that in Trinidad only the shade Black (201) is stoked at local retail stores, and the price does vary according to location. I paid approximately TT$70, for mine, give or take a couple of dollars, but it was the last one in stock and I didn't want to wait for a restock because it had been sold out everywhere I went prior.
Honestly, I've never seen a mascara sell at the rate that this has been. When I try to go purchase a backup tube, the store attendants always say that they're having difficulty keeping it in stock due to the demand.
Wearing the Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara
My natural lashes aren't the thickest or the fullest, but when I use this mascara, my lashes look full and fluffy. I remember when I first applied it, and I could not believe that my lashes could look so good. I don't wear false eyelashes nor do I have eyelash extensions, so I'm constantly hunting for a full, voluminous look, that helps to define my eyelashes, and this mascara does that for me.
I've not experienced any smudging or flaking with this product, and it comes off effortlessly with either Micellar water or makeup remover.

My main issue with this mascara is the packaging. While I do find the foiled pink and gold packaging beautiful, it flakes off. With continued use, the tube begins to flake, and I am left with a bunch of silver residue on my hands after I apply my mascara and it annoys me.

Flaking tube
Flaking tube #2

For this mascara, the pros definitely outweigh the cons, and yes, I will be repurchasing it soon. It's my new go-to mascara, and although I have some other mascaras to try, I just love the way this mascara makes my eyelashes look. This mascara lives up to the hype, at least for me it does.

Well folks, that's all for today. I know this post is short, but I didn't feel the need to go on and on about how much I like this mascara.
Thanks for stopping by my mind palace today, and I will see you all again very soon.
Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment