Monday 23 June 2014

What's Up #1? World Cup Fever!

It's been awhile blog. How are you today? How has you week been? I've been away for a bit thanks to an assignment I had due, but hey a couple more weeks and I'll be a University graduate...yay!

I won't lie I've gotten distracted badly. I'm a huge football fan so the Brazil World Cup 2014 has been the locus of my focus (ohh such rhyming skillz..lol).
Now lemme just get this out of the way and say, I AM A GERMANY FAN!!! Yes Deutschland is the place that holds my heart every single World Cup. I've been supporting Germany since 1998 since that was the first World Cup I ever watched from Group Stages to the Final. I really want Germany to take it this year, they've gotten so close multiple times, but this time, is their time, but first we have to survive Group G. They managed to stun Portugal in their first match and a draw with Ghana (possibly the best game yet, imo), and the next task is the USA on Thursday. Win or draw we advance but I want a win to finish off the group stage in style.

This was supposed to be posted last night before the USA-Portugal match, but boy am I glad I didn't post this up. That last 30 second goal from Portugal was a beaut!
There have been some massive upsets in the World Cup thus far with the defending champions Spain getting the boot thanks to the Netherlands and Chile (good job guys!). France has been impressive in their first two matches, after the last World Cup, France became the joke of the football world, but this year they aren't making any jokes. Benzema and Giroud have been outstanding for France, and my eye is now trained to recognize Valbuena on the pitch, because let's face it, the guy is amazing! He has speed, and he sets up some of the most beautiful plays and goals I've seen in a long time.

Now let's talk about England. Oh boy England, oh boy. I don't hide the fact that I am a die hard Liverpool FC fan and a good few of the England players play for Liverpool so I was ready to support my boys and I can honestly say England why? What happened over the years? England used to be a power house in both European and World football, what happened? Sighs, it's bittersweet having to see them depart so quickly but that's football.

This World Cup is the ultimate thriller for me thus far, the biggest of the big are being sent home, and the "smaller" teams are the ones sending them home and I LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to see how this unfolds further. I'm hoping for a Netherlands-Germany final, but with the way things are shaping up you'll never know who makes it all the way to the end.

So guys please feel free to let me know how you've been and who you'll be supporting this World Cup. As always stay positive, stay healthy and I will post again soon....I might just have a review in the works ;) ;)

P.S. If you like football ranting, follow me on Twitter, where I post random burst of football excitement at your faces :D

Bye guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment