Saturday 16 January 2016

Best in Beauty 2015: Face

Welcome back everyone!
I hope you all are doing well.
Today, I have part 2 of my Best in Beauty series, and today it's all about my favourite face products for 2015. Most of the products being mentioned may have full reviews that I will link to at the end the post.

Primer and Mattifier:

elf Cosmetics Mineral Face Primer

New Bottle
This primer is definitely my top pick for 2015. I always repurchase this primer. This primer blurs my pores, and helps my foundation apply more evenly.
Earlier in 2015, I fell in love with the Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer, but I haven't been able to repurchase it since it hasn't been in stock. However, the elf Mineral Face Primer is cheaper than the Rimmel.

Sacha Cosmetics Mattifier Face Primer 

I do have a full review of this, but to keep it short and sweet. This mattifies the skin beautifully, and keeps me less oily than I would usually be throughout the day. I love the squeeze tube packaging, and its flat black matte finish.

Foundation:

Maybelline Fit Me: Matte and Poreless 310 Sun Beige
I'm currently down to half a bottle of this foundation. I don't think I have anything bad to say about this product, maybe it can use a pump, then again most drugstore foundations don't come with a pump. This just blends effortlessly into the skin, it doesn't matter if you use a sponge or a brush.
My full review will be linked below.

Concealer:

L.A. Girl Pro Conceal in Pure Beige 

I've never really been into using concealer, but doing my Masters' Degree means long, and sometimes sleepless nights, and I also experience insomnia therefore under eye darkness is my old friend. This shade matches my complexion perfectly, and covers up any discolouration or darkness beneath the eyes.

Setting Powder:

Undereyes: Sacha Cosmetics Buttercup Loose Powder

Full review is available.
I have nothing bad to say about this powder. Sacha Cosmetics has greatly improved the quality of their products over the years.
This powder is silky, and just beautiful. I use it to set my concealer under my eyes.
Face: Maybelline Fit Me: Matte and Poreless Powder 
Maybelline Fit Me: Matte-Poreless 310 Sun Beige
Soft, blendable and keeps me matte. (Review will be linked below).

Blush:

Milani Powder Blush in Romantic Rose and City Color Cosmetics Be Matte Blush in Papaya

Both of these blushes are matte in finish, they are also very smooth and pigmented, so a little goes a long way. they blend out easily. Both colours are very neutral, and good for everyday wear.
These blushes wear for a full 8 hours.
The City Color Blushes are a lot cheaper than the Milani, they retail for approximately TT$22-TT$25, while the Milani ranges from TT$55-TT$65.

Milani Romantic Rose (left), City Color Cosmetics Papaya (right)

Setting Sprays: Sacha Fix It & L'Oreal Infallible Pro Spray and Set 
My go-to Setting Sprays
Both set my makeup beautifully, and reduces the "cakey" look that powders leave behind. However, the L'oreal truly prolongs the wear of my makeup throughout the day. The Fix It Spray, while it doesn't prolong the wear of my makeup, does a good job at just setting the face. I tend to interchange my use of these products, hence why they're both 2015 favourites.

I don't bronze, contour or highlight my face, therefore I have no favourites for those categories.


Thank you all so much for stopping by!
Next week, I'll be concluding this Best in Beauty 2015 with Lips. I'm also going to be beginning my second semester for my Masters' Degree, and I am anxious.
As always stay happy, healthy, and positive and I will talk to you all soon.

Bye! (^_^)/

Links:
Sacha Mattifier - http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/10/product-review-sacha-cosmetics.html
Maybelline Matte and Poreless (Foundation and Powder) - http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/07/maybelline-fit-me-matte-and-poreless.html
L.A. Girl Pro Conceal -http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/11/product-review-la-girl-pro-conceal-in.html

Sacha Buttercup Powder - http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/10/product-review-sacha-cosmetics_16.html
Setting Sprays - http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/07/makeup-battle-royal-4-battle-of-setting.html


















No comments:

Post a Comment