Friday 6 February 2015

January 2015 Favourites


Hey guys! Initially, I wasn't planning on doing a January favourites and now as  I am typing this, I'm in a terrible mood and really don't feel like posting anything at all. However, my promise to myself and to this blog was to post every Friday for 2015, so I'm going to fight through it and deliver a post.

I was ill for most of December into January and to the tail end of January I got ill again (T__T). I wasn't leaving the house much but when I did, I wore little to no makeup whatsoever. There were however a few products that I thoroughly enjoyed using, and they've snuck their way into my heart.

1. L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation (328 Sun Beige)
    A massive thank you to one of my best friends Stephie, for recommending this foundation to me. We both have oily/combo skin, and she told me about this foundation about a year ago. At the time, I wasn't ready to invest in a new foundation but I kept it on my list of things to try. During January, I did a massive cleaning out of my makeup collection and ended up with only two foundations, my L'Oreal True Match and Revlon Colorstay. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combination formula, because it feels super heavy on my skin, I actually feel the foundation sitting on my skin, it's such a odd feeling. I decided, to give the Magic Nude foundation a try because I remembered Stephie saying that it was super lightweight and blended in like a dream, and after doing so searching around the internet, trying to find my shade match, I went to Superpharm (local drugstore) I picked it up. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised by how liquidy this foundation is. You shake the bottle and it sounds like you're shaking a water bottle. I wish this foundation came with a pump or even a dropper, because it is so easy to spill or pour out excess product, which to me is the only major downside of this foundation.
  The shade match is perfect for me. I have extremely yellow/olive undertones and sun beige (328) is perfect for me (I'm a MAC NC44, L'Oreal True Match I can work with either W6 or W7). Very easy foundation to blend, it's recommended to be applied with your fingers, and that's how I apply mine, I think with it's texture and formulation, it would absorb into brushes and sponges quite quickly. To me this foundation is perfect if you're in a rush, it's lightweight, doesn't go on streaky, blends like a dream, has a powder finish. I've worn this foundation for 12 hours without setting it with powder and despite having to blot every 3-4 hours, the foundation didn't break down at all. I wear glasses, and the foundation stay put on my nose bridge where my glasses' nose guard is situated. I've gotten compliments a few times while wearing this foundation about how clean and healthy my skin looked, and people were in shock when I told them I was wearing foundation. Yay!!


2. Jordana 12 HR Made To Last Eyeliners
   Super creamy and pigmented gel formula eyeliner pencils, that don't smudge onto my lid and crease.....yes please and thank you! I have the shades, 02 Espresso Last, a beautiful and creamy dark brown, 04 Purple Fix which a straight up purple and 06 Jade Jewel which is a beautiful, rich jade/emerald green mix. I didn't intentionally choose liners that were even numbers (lol).  I'm usually all about Avon's Mega Impact/Supershock Gel Eyeliner Pencils, but those do have a tendency to smudge on my upper lids, but they tend to last in my waterline (weird huh!). However, the 12 HR Made To Last, were not made to last on the waterline so I'd recommend using it solely on your upper lash line.
  


3. Jordana Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain (05 Honey Love)
  Oh honey do I love this balm stain. I should stop trying to be funny (=_='). Despite my corny sense of humour, I genuinely love this balm stain, it's the perfect mix of pigmentation and moisturizing balm in a cute, twist up, jumbo lip pencil. Yes, it is essentially the same as the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains, but they're less expensive and they have a fruity/sweet scent. All in all, it's a win for me and I can't wait to get my hand on some more.


4. NYX Simply Nude Lip Cream (SN06 Sable)
  It's a nude that doesn't make me look like the living dead. Win! It's buttery smooth and pigmented. Although, I have very pigmented lips, this product is on me, my perfect my lips but butter shade. It makes my lips look so healthy and since I was using this when I was ill, having my lips look nice and healthy even when I technically wasn't is the best. To me healthy lips help to brighten up the complexion, especially when you're ill.

This my darlings is the end of my favourites post. I hope you all enjoy. Have a great weekend and I will see you all next week. 
Bye Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment