Friday 27 February 2015

February Favourites: Short and Sweet

Hey everyone. Its favourites time again and I will admit I don't have very many this month, however I do have favourites from different categories apart from makeup, yay!

Makeup

Jordana Twist and Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm Stain - 05 Honey Love
Last month, I raved over this particular product and it continued to be my go to lip product for the month of February. It's moisturising, leaves a beautiful colour on the lips. For swatches, you can check out my January Favourites post in the archives.

Maybelline Shine Free Loose Powder - Medium
This is my current go to powder for when I don't feel like wearing foundation. It is not a powder foundation, just a traditional loose powder, the coverage is very light, but it helps to keep shine at bay for a few hours, so if I'm running errands, I just dust this on over some face primer either my elf or Prestige primer (also have a blog post on those) and that's my face makeup done for almost all of February. It has a pink undertone, which is the only draw back for me since I have very yellow undertones, however on the skin, it isn't noticeable.

Makeup Tools

EcoTools Fan Brush
It's so fluffy!!!! (Cue Agnes from Despicable Me voice) I initially bought this brush for highlighter, but I fell in love with using it for applying my loose powder. It picks up just enough product and all I have to do is lightly dust it on my face. The bristles are super soft and help to distribute the powder evenly, and even better EcoTools is quite affordable. I am thinking about buying a separate fan brush for highlighter, something smaller, maybe the elf fan brush.

Cala Professional Blending Brush (311)
A synthetic bristle blending brush, that works well with both cream and powder eyeshadows. It's soft, fits into the eyesocket easily, if you have very small eyes, I would recommend this brush for blending out shadows but not necessarily for applying them into the crease.



Television

Fresh Off The Boat
Based on the book by Chef Eddie Haung, Fresh Off The Boat is the best new comedy in recent years. Constance Wu who plays the mother, Jessica is hilarious. She honestly steals the show. I highly recommend you guys check it out.

Gotham
Fish did what to herself?!?!
Alfred!!!!! *ugly crying*
Gotham has been getting better and better with each episode. The writers are doing an awesome job. Can't recommend Gotham enough.

Games

World Of Warcraft
I recently started playing on a new, US based server as a Night-Elf Druid and I've been having so much fun. Unfortunately, my prepaid game card ran out so now I can't play. However, I am planning on upgrading to Warlords of Dreanor at the end of March, so I can't wait to get back into WoW. 
 
This is really short, but I really haven't been doing much this month in terms of wearing makeup, or playing games. On Monday, I start a temporary job, which I super excited for, and I'm hoping my migraines don't ruin the experience.
Until next week loves, have a safe and fun weekend. Stay healthy, positive and happy.
Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment