Friday 15 August 2014

Product Rave: Avon Single Eyeshadow

Hello everybody, how have you been this week? I've been wanting to do a post about these Avon eyeshadows ever since I bought them, but for a few months on the Avon website, they were marked as no longer available. So, I've been waiting patiently for them to come back onto the website before doing this post.

I'm just going to get it out of the way and say, I freaking love these eyeshadows!!! (/^__^/)
These single eyeshadows come in three different finishes, matte (M), shimmer (S) and metallic (Me). I have 6 of these shadows in total out of the 20 shades available, 4 shimmer shades (S) and two matte (M).
The shades I have, starting on the left hand side,
Avon Single Eyeshadows
  1. Satin Taupe (S)
  2. Bronze Luster (S)
  3. Copper (S)
  4. Mauved (S)
  5. Plum Burgundy (M)
  6. Beige (M)
 Why do I love these Avon single eyeshadows?
  • Beautifully pigmented
  • Glide on like butter 
  • Buildable 
  • Easy to blend including the matte shades
  • Affordable (these are US$4 on Avon's website, however prices vary if they are being purchased from an Avon representative)
Here are swatches from each of the shadows, each eyeshadow was swatched using only one swipe of the sponge tip applicator. 

Flash
No Flash


  My Faves of the bunch are, Satin Taupe, Mauved and Copper!

















The only major con/dislike I have with this particular product is that it does not come with a mirror. I'm aware that most single eyeshadows don't have their own mirror but they is more than enough space on the lid of the packaging to put a mirror. However, it doesn't in any way deter me from using these shadows at all.
Sleek black packaging with AVON inscribed on lid
Avon Eyeshadow in Mauved. Inside look of the packaging.

These eyeshadows are absolutely beautiful, and will continue to be staple in my collection. My only hope is that Avon does not discontinue or reformulate these eyeshadows because I think they hit the nail on the head perfectly with these bad boys. I highly recommend these for anyone looking for affordable, pigmented and easy to work with single eyeshadows or if you're eyeshadow hoarder like me.
Until next time, stay happy, stay positive, stay healthy.
Bye-Bye ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment