Wednesday 6 August 2014

Makeup Battle Royale #2 : Eyeliner Throwdown: L'oreal Infallible Super Slim vs Milani Eye Tech Extreme

Hey everyone, how have you been? It's been a while since my last post. Had an awkward fall last week and hurt my left hand and wrist so I wasn't able to post anything last week and I'm sorry. I'm planning on making up for it by doing a double posting this week. Yep, that's right, two posts in one week!

Today's post is another makeup battle royal, two products battling it out for supremacy. Which of these liners do I prefer, well you'll have to keep reading to find out...
It's time for a felt tip pen liquid eyeliner throwdown! (Such a mouthful, lol!)

The Look:
L'Oreal Infallible Super Slim 8 hour liquid liner pen (top)
Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eye Liner (bottom)



  • Very similar, both are pure black with gold detailing and a cushion grip
  • Both contain 1ml of product 
  • Both made in Germany 
The Tip:
L'Oreal Liner

Milani Liner
  • Long, felt tip applicator on both
  • The L'Oreal liner tip is firmer 
  • Milani is more flexible and malleable.
  • Both liners can achieve an extremely thin liner look and a bolder, more dramatic liner look, by varying the pressure you use when applying it to the eye.
 Pigmentation:
  • Both are extremely pigmented and dry to a slightly matte finish. 
       
Swatches
Doesn't seem as though there is a clear cut winner here does it? Well, the liner that wins, is the one with the better staying power. As an oily skin girl, I need a liner to stay put all day long, until I decide to take it off. The liner that does that is.........the......Milani Eye Tech!!
  • The Milani Eye Tech blows the L'Oreal liner out of the water in terms of staying power for me. Usually, the L'Oreal Super Slim 8hr smudges badly within 2 hours and that's with eye primer on. No bueno! Milani Eye Tech stays put, no smudging, no flaking with or without a primer.
I recommend the Eye Tech over the Super Slim to my friends whether they have oily, dry or normal skin. In Trinidad, the Milani Eye Tech can be purchased at Wonderful World (that's where I got mine) or you could order it online from Milani's website.

I really wanted to like the Super Slim liner, however, it failed to life up to it's claim of 8 hour wear. The Eye Tech liner I've had for over 6 months and it hasn't dried out, which is quite impressive. I will continue to repurchase the Eye Tech Extreme liner, until I can find felt tip liner that knocks it off of it's pedestal.

This concludes this Makeup Battle Royale!! Congratulations Milani, you've knocked out your opponent and taken the crown. Thanks for sticking to the end everyone. Hope you all are having a great week, stay positive, healthy and happy and I will see you later this week for another post!
Bye Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment