Friday 20 March 2015

DIY Mattifying Face Primer

Hello sweeties, (gotta get a Doctor Who reference in), I teased about this in my last post, so here it is, a DIY face primer that works (for me at least).
Disclaimer: I didn't not develop this recipe, I found it on Pinterest, and I have a link to my Pinterest to the right.

Link to source post: 
http://m.instructables.com/id/DIY-Starter-Makeup-Kit-and-More/step3/Primers-Toners-and-Setting-Spray/

I was searching Pinterest for ideas of homemade mattifying primers, because my oily skin has just been out of control lately, (yay hormones)( "-_-), and I came across a very simple recipe using milk of magnesia. 
I've personally have been using milk of magnesia as a mattifier but only for special occasions because it tends to clog the pores. 
The recipes requires a spray bottle, water, milk of magnesia and rose water (optional). 
Milk Of Magnesia

Distilled Water

Depending on how oily your skin is, you can tweak the recipe, however I used equal parts of water and milk of magnesia (1/2 cup each) and 2 tbps rose water. Pour into the spray bottle, give it a good shake and voila! 

Having it in a spray bottle makes application a breeze but I still recommend patting it in with a sponge to ensure that it gets distributed evenly on the skin. 

I've been using this in conjunction with my e.l.f Mineral Face Primer and my L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation and it makes my skin look naturally flawless (which it isn't). It doesn't clog my pores and my level of oiliness isn't as ridiculous as it normally is...yay! 

This is a quick and easy DIY, and it makes me want to try out some more finds from Pinterest.
Until next week, stay happy, healthy and positive!
Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment