Friday 9 October 2015

Product Review: Sacha Cosmetics Mattifier Face Primer

Hello everyone!

Today, I'm doing a very quick run down of the Sacha Cosmetics Mattifier Face Primer. I purchased this, along with the Sacha Buttercup Powder approximately a month ago, and I've been putting both to the test, however, I shall be reviewing them separately for the sake of time. (Basically, I have assignments due, and mid terms coming up so I need to get to work!)
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with Sacha Cosmetics. All products are purchased by myself .

Product/Packaging:
Sacha Cosmetics Mattifier Face Primer
  • It is a simple and sleek, matte black squeeze tube packaging. Nothing incredibly fancy.

Product Swatch: Sacha Mattifier Face Primer
  • The product itself is a white cream, that blends out and instantly mattifies the skin. It does not leave behind any residue, nor does it leave the skin looking white or ghastly pale. 
Claims:
  • Lightweight
  • Absorbs Excess Oils
  • Smooths the skin 
  • Reduces appearance of Fine Lines and Pores
  • Dries invisible  
Price:
  • This varies depending on where you purchase it. If you live in Trinidad, there are multiple Sacha Cosmetics Image Centres throughout the country where you can find this product. I purchased mine at Pennywise in Trincity Mall, and costed within the range of $32-$50 ( I lost my receipt...sorry)
  • If you don't live in Trinidad, you should be able to find the product online at Sacha's website for USD$20.
My Thoughts:

After using this product for 3 weeks consistently, I have to say whether I use it alone, or in conjunction with my e.l.f Mineral Face Primer, this Sacha Mattifier really does mattify. It lives up to all of it's claims, especially when it comes to reducing the appearance of pores, and smoothing out the skin. My foundations glide onto the skin and blend a lot easier. I do still have to blot throughout the day, but not as frequently as I usually have to. I tend to have to blot every 2 hours on the dot, but with this I can go 3-4 hours without the need to blot., and when I do blot, I only have to use half or 1 blotting paper as opposed to my usual 2. Yes, I normally go through 2 blotting papers every 2 hours when I'm either not wearing any makeup, or I wear makeup sans mattifier.

Wearing the Sacha Mattifier beneath my foundation. I'm a bit shiny after 5 hours w/o blotting.

Conclusion:
 
For a Caribbean girl like me, this mattifier is a great investment. We don't have easy access to many of the international brands mattifying products, and once we do find an option, it usually costs a lot more than its worth.
If you're in the market for a mattifier that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, you could consider this one, or if you want another alternative, Milk of Magnesia is a great mattifier, however, it can clog your pores if you use it everyday.
 
 I hope you all enjoyed today's post, and I also hope you have a great weekend. I have a very busy weekend, and week coming up, however, I will attempt to have a post up on Friday as per usual. Thank you all so much for stopping by J's Mind Palace, and I hope to see you all again very soon.
Stay happy, healthy and positive!
Bye! (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment