Friday 24 April 2015

My Favourite Brushes/ Everyday Brushes

Why hello there darlings, welcome back! How was your week?
I got another temporary job, so I'm fighting my tiredness in order to get this post up to you.
Today, it's going to be all about my favourite brushes, and it just so happens that they are all inexpensive. All these brushes ranged from $20TT - $100TT, Yay! Who doesn't love saving some money, I know I do...and then I go spend it on more makeup or video games *facepalm*
Disclaimer:  All brushes mentioned where purchased by me, myself  and I.
Let's get onto the brushes!

My Fave Brushes!
First, I'm going to start off with some honourable mentions. The brushes I tend to rotate in and out of my routine, but I still reach for them ever so often.

Honourable Mentions:
Honourable Mentions
  1. NYX B12 Crease Eye Shadow Brush- this brush is a bit scrathy, but it does a great job at depositing and blending out crease colours. Although it's not the greatest, I always keep it nearby on days I want more concentrated colour in my crease. 
  2. CALA 317 Brow/Liner Brush - This brush makes winged liner a breeze, and I tend to reach for it when I want winged liner but I'm in a hurry. I think this brush would be great to use on the brows with some type of brow gel or pomade (I'm trying to get my hands on the NYX Brow Gel and Tame and Frame Brow Pomade). However, for an eyebrow pencil/powder girl I'm not the biggest fan of using this brush. 
  3. Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush - This brush is awesome, but I love another liner brush a bit more. This is slightly thinner than the one I will mention later, so it's perfect for precise and thin liner. I love to mix up my liner looks (from thin to bold) but recently I've been loving a bolder liner look, so I haven't reached for this one as much as I used to. 
  4. Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush - It's a super soft brush that blends out cream and liquid shadows with ease due to it being made of synthetic bristles, and I often times use it for blending up into my crease. However, this isn't one of my essential brushes, because I have a few brushes that can do the job just as well. 
Favourite Eye Brushes:
  1.  NYX Angled Brush - This is the oldest makeup brush I have, it's not sold online or in stores, but this is my go to brow brush. It's thin and stiff bristles makes it easy to make hair like strokes, it works well to blend out brow colour. I just love it and I never want to let it go....cue melodrama - (T_T)!
  2. e.l.f Professional Eyeshadow Brush - This is the best brush for packing on eyeshadow onto the lids, and it's frickin cheap. US$1 = $20TT, which is an amazing price for any eyeshadow brush. It's soft, and doesn't shed when you wash it. I will always have one of these in my collection, for the price and the quality of brush you are getting, it can't be beat!
  3. Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush - Great for cream eyeshadows, great for blending out concealer or eyeshadow primer, this thing just rocks. I often use this to completely blend out my eyeshadows if I'm doing a bit more of a smokey eye look. Although it is larger than a traditional blending or crease brush, it does such a great job, and I enjoy using it. 
Even more Eye Brushes:
  1.  CALA 313 Eyeshadow Brush - This brush has a similar function to the e.l.f Professional Eye Shadow Brush, however, since this brush is made with synthetic bristles, it can be used for both cream and powder products (like the Real Techniques brushes). It's very small which allows for precise placement of cream products, and since I have smaller eyes, I really enjoy getting my cream eyeshadows to go precisely where I want them to as opposed them going everywhere when I use my finger.
  2. CALA 312 Shading Brush - This brush is larger, so it covers a greater surface area, which is great when you just want a single wash of colour all over the eye. I've also used this brush to apply and blend shadows into the crease and the outer corners of the eye and it does a good job at both. 
  3. CALA 311 Blending Brush - Soft and fluffier than the NYX B12, this is my go to blending brush. It gives a soft and diffused look to any shadow. I absolutely love it!
  4. CALA 508 Eyeliner Brush - Dramatic, bold liner with ease...yes please! I cannot sing the praises of this brush enough. It's thicker than the RT Fine Liner, it's very soft and picks up product easily and just allows it to glide onto the eye. I really should do a tutorial or something on my winged liner using this brush. 
Face Brushes: 
All these brushes are great multi-taskers and baby soft! 
  1. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - I use this mainly for foundation, but I have used it for blush and powder, but I do prefer how it works with liquid products. It blends foundation in seamlessly, leaving the skin looking flawless and airbrushed.
  2. e.l.f Complexion Brush - Silky smooth and blends powder like a dream. Perfect for blending out blush (which I'm now starting to get into) and for setting your foundation. 
  3. Ecotools Deluxe Fan Brush - I bought this to use with highlighter, but I find it's a bit too big for that purpose, so instead I use it to apply blush and to set my foundation. I won't lie to use sometimes I just pass it on my face because it's so damn soft!
Well that's it for this week's post. Just to mention quickly, I'm going to be attempting to post more frequently on my Instagram (@ladyjpsych). I recently posted a mini haul of some makeup and I'm also going to be posting more InstaReviews on there as well.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend, stay happy, healthy and positive and I shall see you all in my next post.
Bye-Bye (^w^)

No comments:

Post a Comment