Thursday 30 April 2015

Nerd Favourites #2 (and A Few Makeup Faves too!)

Hello everybody!

Before getting into the bulk of the post, I just wanted to put some love and prayers for the victims of the Nepal Earthquake, the citizens of Baltimore, and any other individual who is going through a hard time and just needs some love and positivity. <3 
.........................................................................................................................................................................
It's been a long week but today is the start of a brand new month, and a new month means new opportunities and experiences awaiting you! (^_^)
I figured I'd start off the month of May with my Nerd Favourites!! It's been too long since I did one of these and I've been over the moon about a few nerdy/geeky things this past month so let's jump right in! Oh and I'm going to throw in a couple of makeup things cuz why not?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Venom (2011)
OMG! This comic is amazing! The art is beautiful and gory! I personally am a huge fan of grit and gore, so characters like Venom and The Punisher have always been some of my absolute favourites. These characters aren't portrayed well in films, so I tend to stick more to comics to get the true thrill and the true nature of the characters without the PG-13 label attached.
This version of Venom does not follow Eddie Brock as Venom but instead a guy named Eugene "Flash" Thompson, a war veteran, who lost his legs while serving, is a recovering alcoholic and works for the government secretly as Agent Venom...and that's as much of the story I'm willing to give away. It truly is an amazing comic, so much so I've been stretching out reading it because I'm almost ot the end and it makes me sad. Alas, all good things must come to an end.
 
Gotham (NO SPOILERS!)
This show just keeps getting better and better...there are no words to truly express how much I adore the writing and the characters of this show. Oswald Cobblepot is still my MVP, but Edward Nygma & Selina Kyle are gunning for that #1 spot! If you don't watch Gotham, I highly recommend that you check it out. It is truly great to have a show that doesn't solely evolve around Bruce Wayne, and you get to see the development of some truly amazing characters that we know and love from the Batman world.  

Judge Dredd Superfiend (Bootleg Universe)
If you like Judge Dredd and grew up in the 90's watching The Ren and Stimpy Show, you're probably going to enjoy watching this animated bootleg series brought to you from producer Adi Shankar. The animated series is available for viewing on YouTube and it is so damn good. It's gory and twisted and was bootlegged off of Dredd 3D which Shankar himself produced. What's better than someone bootlegging themselves? Nothing! Go check it out, you won't be sorry. His YouTube channel is filled with great bootlegs including a Punisher bootleg called Dirty Laundry...\(^o^)/....singing to the heavens because that bootleg is what I expect from anything involving The Punisher, gore, blood and a lot more gore.

Now for any of my lovelies who aren't as big of fans of gore as I am, I'm sorry but now you have arrived at the safe place, where makeup will be discussed.
I don't have very many favourites this month because I recently purchased some products that are new to me, and I've been putting them to the test for the past week. If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen me haul some stuff, one of those products will be getting a full review of its own on the blog, and another I have already posted an instareview on, so you can head to my Instagram (@ladyjpsych) to check that out.

Mt first makeup favourite, is something I've own since late last year, I believed I hauled it in the early days of my blog, but I never got around to doing a review and that product is Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in 230 Deep Ocean. It's a rich, deep blue retractable pencil liner, that is super softy and creamy but it doesn't budge. Whether you use it on your top eyelid with or without primer or on your waterline, it remains where you put until you take it off. I am planning on buying a few more colours because I have the hardest time finding an eyeliner that won't wear off on my waterline, so this pencil is a great, inexpensive find!
Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer - 230 Deep Ocean

Swatch of 230 Deep Ocean

Milani Brow Shaping Clear Wax
It's a clear wax chubby pencil that you use to hold your brows in place. It's just that simple. I usually use this on days when I just feel too lazy to do my brows, to keep them in place, since my eyebrows like to do there own damn thing. It also works great if you fill your brows in with a powder product because it creates a tacky surface for the powder to adhere to. 

Milani Brow Shaping Clear Wax & My Pained Fingernails XD
I have a few reviews heading your way soon, but I'm still currently working full time (temporarily) so I'm not sure if I'll be doing a review each week for May...or maybe I should. Maybe I should make May, my month of reviews? Hmmmmmmmmm......decisions, decisions.
Well, I hope you all have a lovely first day of May and a lovely weekend, and if I don't get a chance to say it to you on the day, I'll say it to you now.....May The Fourth Be With You!....  ^_^)
Love you guys, stay happy, healthy and positive and I shall see you all next Friday!
Bye! (^o^)/



No comments:

Post a Comment