Friday 10 April 2015

Easy Work/Everyday Makeup Part 2.


Hello everyone,
I'm finishing off my work/everyday makeup ideas post today with part 2.
Note: Base Makeup is the same for all looks, with the exception of the Bronze Daytime Smokey Eye. For details on the base products used in all the other looks, see part 1 ( http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/04/easy-everydaywork-makeup.html).
Now I love a good winged liner look, and for all of these looks, I had winged out eyeliner, ranging for subtle to bold, but I got away with it because I wear glasses, and my frames detract from the bold eyeliner (yay four-eyed perks!)

Work/Everyday Makeup pt.2

Look 1 - Copper Winged Liner 
I started off the week by doing subtle winged liner with an eyeliner pencil. I used the Avon Mega Impact eyeliner in Rich Copper.It gives definition to the eye without being as dramatic as a black eyeliner, and the copper colour brings out the warmth in my dark brown eyes. This liner does contain some gold glitter, which I played off of by adding Sacha Gold Rush Eyeshadow (I believe this is discontinued) in the inner corner. Some mascara and a soft neutral/nude lip (I'm rocking some lip balm here) and the look is complete.
Copper Liner with Lip Balm

Look 2 - Work and Event Look (Bronze Daytime Smokey Eye)

The next look I did was for both work and an event that I attended after. It's was bronze-y smokey eye, with winged liner and pinky lips.I used my Smashbox Full Exposure Palette for the eyeshadows, L'Oreal Lacquer Liner for my winged liner and my lip colour was Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry.
My foundation was L'Oreal True Match W7 because it has a natural finish, is long-lasting and feels lightweight on the skin. I also used Milk of Magnesia as a mattifer because I knew it was going to be a long and hot day. 
Brushes used:

 *Smashbox Full Exposure Palette Double Ended Brush,
 *CALA Eyeshadow 313,  CALA Blending Brush 311 , Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush
Smashbox Full Exposure Palette
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm- Sultry

Look 3 - Golden Eyes
A simple, one eyeshadow look but unfortunately I cannot find this eyeshadow in stores. The eyeshadow in question is Nicka K HD Eyeshadow in 3009 (Love!). It is a beautiful golden brown shadow, that when blended out in the crease transforms into a gorgeous satin finish brown. I used the Eco-tools Full Eyeshadow Brush to apply the shadow and then I went ahead and lined my eyes with the Jordana 12HR Made To Last Eyeliner Pencil in 02 Espresso Last, and popped some of Sacha's Gold Rush Shadow into the inner corner.
Lips: Jordana Twist and Shiny - Honey Love
Sascha - Gold Rush (circular pan), Nicka K HD Eyeshadow - 3009 (rectangular pan)
Look 4 - Winged Liner on Fleek!
Ugh...I can't believe I used the term fleek but I think that maybe the only term to describe just how much I love this liner look and just how great it looks, especially if you wear large framed glasses.
Winged Liner Appreciation.
Without my glasses, it looks incredibly long and bold but with the frames on, it looks like your run of the mill, everyday wing.
I started off by priming my lid with my Smashbox Shadow Primer, then I used Milani Single Powder Eyeshadow in Caramel Brown from lash line to crease, again using my Eco-tools Full Eyeshadow Brush.

Now for the wing, I used the L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner in Blackest Black and my CALA 508 Eyeliner Brush. The 508 is similar to the Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush, but the bristles are a tad shorter and less tapered, which makes doing the wing very easy. I just draw a line from the edge of my lower lash line, and go up towards the end of my eyebrow. I stopped where my orbital bone starts and then dragged the liner inwards towards my eye and lash line. I am considering doing a short video or pictorial on how I do my liner exactly, since it's hard to explain in just words.
Lips: NYX SN06 (I'm hooked on this stuff!)

I honestly wish I wasn't anxious about sitting in front of a camera and actually recording my eyeliner application, but I have a tendency to clam up in front of cameras (never going to be an actress ever!). I think I'm going to try and conquer that fear just to do a video on my winged liner application, although there are a lot of videos on YouTube about it.
Anywhosies, that is all for me today, and as usual I do hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Stay happy, healthy and positive and I will see you next Friday.
Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment