Friday 10 July 2015

Milani Eyeshadow Primer - Is it a Dupe for Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion?

Welcome back to my blog everyone!
Today, it's all about the Milani Eyeshadow Primer.

Milani is one of my favourite inexpensive makeup brands, and can be found in Trinidad at Wonderful World.
I've been putting off getting this eyeshadow primer, simply because I own a fair few, and I didn't really want to buy another one. If you're a regular visitor, you would know that I've been searching far and wide for an inexpensive alternative to my trusty Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (UDPP) and my Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Eyeshadow Primer.

**I've tried eyeshadow primers from Nicka K (which I previously reviewed; http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/05/nicka-k-perfecting-eyeshadow-primer.html).
**I've also tried one from Rimmel, which I did a quick review on my Instagram (@ladyjpsych).

Now to the Milani Eyeshadow Primer:
Milani Eyeshadow Primer
I've been using this primer for two weeks now, and I can safely say that this is a great dupe for the UDPP.
The product itself is similar in appearance, texture and finish to the UDPP. The only difference I find between the two is the price. The UDPP cost approximately $190-$200TT, which roughly around US$18-US$20 while the Milani Eyeshadow Primer costs approximately $60-$65TT (US$5.99).

In terms of longevity, this primer holds up well. I've gotten between 8-10 hours of wear with little to no creasing or fading whatsoever, similar to the UDPP, in my experience.
After 10 hours of wear.
When I use this product, not only do I use it on my eyelid but I also put some in my brows to help make my brow products last a bit longer during the day, and it really works. Usually my oily/combo skin eats away at my brow products, leaving gaps but since I started priming my brows with this, I've had no problems with that.

Milani Eyeshadow Primer applied all over the eye and into the brows.

This primer is unbelievable especially for the price range. I absolutely love this eyeshadow primer. I've actually put away my UDPP and have been strictly using the Milani primer because it's so good.

This to me is definitely an amazing dupe for the UDPP, I highly recommend it! ^O^

Please forgive me, I know this post is a lot later than usual, got thrown off schedule a bit but better late than never...right?!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and a great week next week. I don't think I'm going to be doing a monthly favourites for June, simply because I did my Favourite Single Eyeshadow posts, and those were basically my loves for June. Feel free to check it out if you'd like. As always stay happy, healthy and positive, come over to my Instagram (@ladyjpsych), I'd love to have you there. I've been contemplating starting a Facebook page for the blog, let me know if you guys would be interested in that in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by everyone,
Bye (^_^)/.

No comments:

Post a Comment