Thursday 14 May 2015

Product Empties #2

Hello beautiful! How are you today?  I hope you had a great week.
Today, I decided to post an impromptu product empties blog post because on Monday morning, while prepping my skin for my makeup, I ran out of my favourite face primer, so instead of chucking it in the trash, I put it aside and noticed I had accumulated a few products I've completely used up and figured it's about time for some empties. 
Now, I'm the type of person who usually only uses up a product if I absolutely love it, so these products are definitely favourites, and some I've actually repurchased multiple times, so let's jump right on in.

Makeup Essentials:

Makeup Removers and Face Primer


Absolute! Makeup Cleansing Tissues by Nicka K.
If you wear makeup on a regular basis, you probably go through makeup removing towelettes/makeup remover wipes constantly, because I know I do. I stated using the Absolute! Makeup Cleansing Tissues in October 2013, and I've never ventured to any other makeup removing wipe. These are sold for approximately $28-32TT, which is an absolute steal here in Trinidad, and they do an amazing job removing makeup. My favourite is the one with Pomegranate Extract, mostly because of the scent but there are a couple other varieties to choose from. It comes with 33 tissues and these things do not dry out. They are always wet and they don't dry out the skin or leave any weird residue.
Tip: Always store your wipes face down to keep the moisture from escaping!
I've already started on a new pack of these wipes, and I'm slowly trying to convince myself to give another brand a chance, but for the price and the quantity and quality of this product, I don't think I ever will turn my back on it unless it gets discontinued. 

Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Makeup Remover
I mentioned this a favourites post a while ago, and I can't say enough good things about it. It breaks down waterproof mascara and gel eyeliner like no one's business, all while being super gentle and non-irritating to the eyes. I haven't repurchased this yet, as I am testing out another drugstore brand eye makeup remover, so in a future post I'll do a head to head comparison between the two. I believe this cost me somewhere in the $50-60TT range, I can't remember exactly but to me it's worth the cost to have my extremely sensitive and temperamental eyes pampered by an eye makeup remover (doesn't sound spoilt at all) (-__-")...

e.l.f Mineral Face Primer
I have a severe love/hate relationship with face primers, but if you've been following my blog you know that I am head over heels in love with the face primer. It has been in almost every one of my favourites post! This primer is an absolute staple for me, so imagine how sad I got this past Monday when it decided to run out....(T.T)..WHY?!
I don't have a backup of this in my collection, so I'm holding out until I get a chance to repurchase this by using the Primed and Ready by Prestige, but it doesn't work as well as the e.l.f Mineral Primer. I am planning on trying out some more primers in the future because when you live in Trinidad, or any hot and humid country/region/state, face primer and mattifier is a must to keep your foundation looking flawless.  

Non-Makeup Related Empties:

Yes, really a pack of gum!
Nivea Invisible for Black and White 48hr Anti-Perspirant 
I love black clothing. I hate white anti-perspirant marks all over my black clothing! I also hate sweating profusely because I live in the hot, humid Caribbean...yay island life! Anyways, I bought this on a whim, trying to give myself a bit of a break from the search for my perfect deodorant, and I was pleasantly surprised. It didn't leave any marks on my black clothing (yes!), however, it has a very clean scent to it, and I am not at all a fan of clean scents. Most people love the smell of linen sheets (typical clean scent), I absolutely hate it! The scent, is enough reason for me not to repurchase it but also Degree recently released in Trinidad, their Dry Spray, under their Motion Sense line, which are hands down the best deodorant/antiperspirant I have ever used. It releases more fragrance as you move and sweat, like dude! I can't recall the price, but I'm sure it was somewhere around the $30TT mark, and it is a good product, so if you aren't off put by clean fragrances like I am, I say give it a try.

L'Oreal Youth Code Dark Spot Corrector Serum Concentrate
As a woman with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), I have had horrible acne, which led to serious hyperpigmentation. It made me very uncomfortable, and as a teenager, I never wore makeup, so it was out there for the world to see. When this product came out, I was super skeptical because I had tried multiple fade creams, lightening creams , d.i.y face masks and nothing worked...but this did.  I've been using this every single day for over 2 years and my skin just loves it. My hyperpigmentation has reduced and even after a fresh breakout, it takes less time for the dark marks to fade. I can not sing the praises of this product enough. It holds a hefty price tag $180TT, but to me it is so worth the money. I am planning on trying the day and night creams from this line, as well as a few more from the L'Oreal skin care line, because I tend to change up my skin care regime every 3-6 months, but this serum remains constant.

Trident White
I love chewing gum. It's a good stress reliever and not as dangerous as alcohol (I don't drink!) or smoking (big no for me also). I tend to go for Trident gum more than any other, not because of the whitens teeth claim, there's Crest 3D White for a reason, but because the flavour of the gum tends to last longer and be more subtle than others. Dentyne Ice gum, is a smack to face when you first start chewing but the flavour fades quickly, however, Trident White is like dipping your toe into the pool and the water is just the perfect temperature, so you can just relax and enjoy.

Now I know the gum was pretty random, but what can I say, I felt like putting something weird in this post, so there you go. Anyways, I haven't done any InstaReviews this week, because I'm still in the process of testing some things out and deciding whether to do a full blog post or just a quickie review. Also, my hair is full on purple ombré now, which makes me super happy, and luckily my boss and supervisors have no problem with it! (Yay for working in research!)
Mother's Day at Grandma's
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Stay happy, healthy and positive and I shall see you next Friday!
Bye loves!
(^w^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment