Thursday 7 May 2015

Review - Jordana Fabuliner

Another week, another blog post!
Hello lovelies, I hope you all had a wonderful week. This week's post is all about the Jordana Fabuliner.
Jordana Fabuliner - Black
I purchased this a couple of weeks ago in an attempt to find an inexpensive and reliable liquid eyeliner pen. In one of my first makeup related posts on this blog, I did a Makeup Battle Royale featuring the Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eyeliner Pen and the L'Oreal Infallible Super Slim Eyeliner Pen and I absolutely loved the Milani liner opposed to the L'Oreal. However, in Trinidad, the Milani Eye Tech stills holds quite a hefty price, so when I saw the Jordana Fabuliner was only $20TT, I had to give it a try. I've been using it almost every day since I bought it, putting it through wringer, to see if it holds a candle to its sister the Milani Eye Tech Extreme (Milani and Jordana Cosmetics are sister companies), and I have to say the Jordana Fabuliner, has left me highly impressed.

Swatch Jordana Fabuliner
 As you can see from the picture above, the Jordana Fabuliner is pitch black and matte. I personally am not a fan of shiny or vinyl finish eyeliners, therefore I absolutely adore the finish of this eyeliner. Another pro of this eyeliner, is its lasting power. I cannot stress enough how badly I need an eyeliner that stays put with or without an eye primer, and after consecutive test both w/o eye primer, walking around in humid, midday Caribbean sun, I can say, this thing doesn't budge! Not once did it fade, crease or break down in the heat.
  • Picture 1: Slightly dramatic winged liner with primer
  • Picture 2: Avon Extralasting Eyeshadow Pencil in Amethyst, Jordana Fabuliner 
  • Picture 3: Jordana Fabuliner w/o primer after 10 hours

 My only problem with the Fabuliner, is the very tip of the pen. It looks more like a marker and it's quite difficult to get all the way into the inner corner, but you get used to it after some practice.The very tip of the pen, doesn't deposit much product so to get to the very inner corner, you have to press/stamp the length of the felt tip pen to the inner corner of the eye.

Fabuliner Tip
Summary:
Pros:
  1. Inexpensive
  2. Pigmented and Matte finish 
  3. Long-lasting 
  4. Smudge-proof
  5. Waterproof
Cons:
  1. Tip of the felt marker too wide to go into the inner corner 


All in all, this is a great, inexpensive felt liner pen and I'm surprised that I don't hear much about it. I highly recommend this eyeliner to everyone.
I know that this post might seem slightly rushed, but I really didn't feel the need to beat around the bush a whole lot on this post. I've been super excited to tell you all about this product so I decided to jump right in.
Feel free to follow me on Instagram (@ladyjpsych) where I post randomly throughout the week, and also I have a new Pinterest follow button to the top of my blog page...yay!
I hope you all have a great week, stay happy, healthy and positive.
I shall see you all next Friday!
Bye (^-^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment