Friday 29 May 2015

Nicka K Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer Review

Hello my dears, and welcome back to my blog. How was your week?
Trinidad has been extremely hot and humid lately, and as a person who is prone to headaches and migraines, the humidity has been extremely annoying. I've been fighting headaches since Sunday, hence this week's post will be a bit short because I'm not feeling 100% but I refuse to miss a blog post.

Absolute New York Eyeshadow Primer by Nicka K
Absolute New York Eyeshadow Primer/ Nicka K Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer 
Price: $20-30TT
If you have been following me for a while, you know I've been hunting for a good, inexpensive eyeshadow primer that I can use to substitute for my beloved Urban Decay Primer Potion and Smashbox 24HR Photo Finish Eyeshadow Primer. I tried the Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeshadow Primer and I hated it, so I decided to give this a try, and see if it was any good because I haven't really heard anything about it. 

  • Packaging
    • A sleek black tube, with a wand. Nothing special about the packaging on this product
Comes with a wand

  • Product
    • A creamy, beige primer, that is extremely lightweight and it blends very easily. However, if you're blending with your finger, it is very easy to over blend and remove the product, so I'd advise using a brush. I use the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush just to lightly blending it all over the eye. 
       
      Light, creamy, beige primer
  • Longevity
    • This product lasts for 6-8 hours on the eye, in extremely hot and humid weather which is great! There was slight creasing around the 6 hour mark, but it's not very noticeable, unless you're looking into a mirror and examining every little detail of your makeup.
After an 8 hour work day, eyeshadow is still intact with negligible creasing

After two weeks of use, I've developed a fondness for this primer. Its blend-ability and virtual weightless on the eye, makes it the perfect primer for a busy work or school day, whether you want to rock eyeshadow or not. The beige colour is enough to even out and mattify the eyelids, so this primer with a bit of your face powder over the top, will work extremely well for your no eyeshadow days. I've been reaching for this more than my Urban Decay Primer recently, so that's how I know I enjoy this primer.

Summary:
  1. Inexpensive - $20-30TT at SuperPharm
  2. Creamy and Blend-able (best blended out with a brush)
  3. Pigmented enough to even out lids
  4. Mattifying 
  5. Last 6-8 hours of wear
If Nicka K is available where you live, I would recommend it, however, I don't consider it a dupe for either the UDPP or the Smashbox 24HR Primer, so my search for an inexpensive dupe continues. I have the Milani Eyeshadow Primer to try next and I'm super excited to use it. 
I'm contemplating on whether or not I should do a master post of all the eyeshadow primers I have used, and of course informing you of the good, the bad and the downright horrible!

As always thank you for taking time out of your day to visit my blog, I hope you enjoyed and feel free to return, I post every Friday, sometimes I even do a bonus post randomly. Also, feel free to check out my Instagram (@ladyjpsych), my Pinterest and Tumblr (both are J's Mind Palace).
Stay happy, positive and healthy and I hope very much to talk to you all next week.
Bye guys (^w^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment