Monday 5 January 2015

Game Corner : Pokemon Omega Ruby


I'm 23 years old and I love Pokemon...and I wonder why I'm single lol. 

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire a.k.a PokemonORAS, are the latest Pokemon games to hit the market and I gotta say, I really enjoyed it. I bought myself Omega Ruby for my birthday a few weeks back and I somehow managed to beat the main story in three and a half days, and then went on to complete the Delta episode two hours after...{Who's a total nerd? -------> (O_O)/...I am!}

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes of the original Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire for Gameboy Advance, which funny enough are the only Pokemon games I never played, so for me the Hoenn region was a totally foreign experience. The story is basically the same as any Pokemon game, a young trainer with ambitions to become a Pokemon Master while attempting to stop an evil team from destroying the world and the harmony between humans and Pokemon. It's never failed before and if it's ain't broke, don't fix it.

This remake introduced a number of new mega evolutions, some I absolutely love, and some I find absolutely pointless for example. Mega Latios/Latias and the ability to soar over Hoenn is amazing, the graphics and beautiful and the ability to find mirage spots to are home to different types of Pokemon that can't be found anywhere else in Hoenn is awesome. However, I don't see the point of having a Pokemon like Glalie mega evolve, he just looks like a grumpy snowball/unicorn hybrid and the only reason to have kept him in your team, to beat a dragon-type trainer if you had no fairy-type Pokemon on your team.

Apart from the new mega evolutions, Pokemon ORAS also introduced Primal Reversal for the main legendary pokemon, Groudon and Kyogre. Let me just say, Primal Groudon makes you unbelievably O.P. No water attacks are effective, becaue of it's ability Desolate Land, the weather condition becomes so harsh that the water evaporates, and here I was thinking that Fairy-types were OP as all heck.  
  
The one thing about the revamp that had me a bit skeptical was secret bases. I never saw the appeal of them previously, however, hunting for flags in the secret bases has me going back to Omega Ruby everyday, and depending on the number flags you collect, you go up in rank and ranking up unlocks new items for your secret base as well as allows for your secret pals (other players you can recruit from their bases) to use new skills. The one feature I thought I would despise, is actually the reason I keep playing. 

I genuinely love Pokemon Omega Ruby and I am going to continue playing it until I complete my Pokedex, GTS here I come! 

Until next time amigos, stay happy, positive and healthy!
Bye (^_^)   

No comments:

Post a Comment