Friday 4 September 2015

Game Corner: The App Edition (Part 1) - Summoners War and Marvel Contest of Champions

Hello Hello everyone!!

How are you all today?

Game Corner is back, and today I am going to talk about two (2) mobile games that I have been playing non-stop for the past month or so. However, before I get started on this post, I just wanted to thank everyone who read my Skincare Routine post. That post surpassed 100 views, which was totally unexpected, and I am grateful to each and everyone one of you who took time out of your day to read and visit my blog. Thank you so much!

All the pictures in this post, are screenshots from my phone (Asus Zenfone 2)
This post like all of my other posts are NOT SPONSORED!
Now, let's get into these games!

Summoners War

Screenshot from my Asus Zenfone 2
Summoners War is a fantasy-based RPG (Roleplaying Game), where you summon a large variety of monsters, that you collect, train and battle with.
Hands down, this is one of the most graphically beautiful games I have ever played on a mobile. The characters, and environment are all in gorgeous 3D, and I've never had any issues running it on my ASUS Zenfone 2.
There are five (5) elements that the monsters are classified into:
  1. Fire
  2. Wind
  3. Water
  4. Light 
  5. Dark 
Screenshot from my Zenfone 2
Now like most mobile games, there are in-app purchases available, I personally don't make in-app purchases, so I struggle to get through levels from time to time, because the enemies, are really tough.....I'm looking at you Chimera! >.<
However, I approach this the way I approached old school Pokémon games, I grind until my arms hurt, then I grind some more. I love that this game allows you to use lower level monsters that you summon to power up your higher level and higher starred monsters, it helps with the grind life. I thoroughly enjoy this game, and I have been recommending it to my fellow smartphone owning RPG playing friends, and I would recommend it to you also.



Marvel Contest of Champions
Screenshot from my Zenfone 2
 I am a Marvel fangirl!!!
I will never in my life deny it. I love Marvel, She-Hulk is forever my favourite, and I'm still questioning why she hasn't been in an Avengers movie, nor why she hasn't had her own stand alone movie?!! What's up with that Marvel?!

I've gone totally off topic, so back to Contest of Champions, I was introduced to this game by one of my very best friends who told me he was hooked on this game, so of course I went ahead and downloaded it, and now I am hooked also.
This is a free to play fighting game, where you are summoned by 'The Collector' to fight in an epic battle against both villains and hereoes, in the ultimate "Contest of Champions".

This game is in full 3D, and it is very pretty, and the character models are awesome! For example, Gamora (pictured below):

Screenshot of Gamora - Zenfone 2
You collect champions through the use of crystals, which you can find throughout the game or you can purchase them through...you guessed it, in-app purchases ( I don't purchase anything in-app). Thus far I've obtained Hulk and Gamora, while Spiderman and Hawkeye I believe everyone starts off with.
This is one of those games I have found myself completely engrossed in, and I cannot remember when last a mobile fighting game has kept me coming back to it continuously. I'm very grateful that my friend recommended this to me, and I happily recommend it to you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This marks the end of this week's post, and I will like to thank you all for coming by and I hope you all have a very lovely weekend.
Like I mentioned last week, I won't be doing an August Favourites on my blog, but you can keep an eye out on my Instagram (@ladyjpsych) for my August Favourites over there.
I'm still considering starting a Facebook page for J's Mind Palace, but I haven't fully convinced myself to do that just yet.  
Until next Friday, I hope you all stay happy, healthy and positive!
Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment