Friday 28 August 2015

My Current Skin Care Routine

Hello everyone!
Welcome back to my blog. Today, as promised I bring to you the products that are in my current skin care regime.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and let's jump straight in!

Cleanser: Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser
I have always been a fan of Bioré face washes and cleansers, so I was really hoping to enjoy using this one also. Verdict: I really like this stuff. It cleans the face without stripping it, so essentially, after washing your face, it doesn't feel tight or uncomfortable. My face feels a lot smoother after using this wash, and looks brighter and more alive. I've recently repurchased this product, because I am almost out, and it cost TT$56 at SuperPharm.
Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser *new bottle*
 
Exfoliators: Frutique Papaya Enzyme Exfoliating Gel & Freeman Pink Grapefruit Exfoliating Scrub

Frutique Papaya Enzyme Exfoliating Gel
Frutique is a fairly new brand I've seen in SuperPharm, and I decided, why not give this a shot to see how it works. This exfoliating gel is considered to be a resurfacing gel that detaches dead skin cells and removes impurities. How it works, is you pump product onto your finger tips, massage into the face for 30-60 seconds, until you start to see your dead skin cells "appear in flakes". Those flakes for me a just big balls of gunk, that initially freaked me out! You do get used to it though, and after you rise with warm water (it has to be warm water, or else the flakes and product won't wash off properly), it's like your skin has just been revived. After using this, my skin looks brighter, my skin feels softer, and appears more even in terms of my skin tone. I really like this stuff, but if I do recall correctly, it is bit pricey between TT$75-TT$120, but to me it was worth it. Since purchasing, I actually had a week when I chose not to use this product, and my skin was not happy. I didn't realise that my skin needed something like this to truly remove dead skin and impurities.
N.B. It is recommended that you use this product twice a week, and I only use it at night!
Frutique Papay Enzyme Exfoliating Gel

Freeman Pink Grapefruit Exfoliating Scrub
This scrub is on the gentler end of exfoliating scrubs, it's not abrasive, it does not contain microbeads, and it smells heavenly.   
I probably use this once or twice a week, depending on whether I've been wearing more makeup than I normally do, but I don't use it on the same day as my Frutique Exfoliating Gel. It does the same job as the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, but with a better scent and price (roughly TT$30), and not to mention it is very gentle on the skin, I would highly recommend this for sensitive skin guys and girls out there! 
Freeman Pink Grapefruit Exfoliating Scrub
Toner: Witch Hazel

Serum: L'Oreal Youth Code Dark Spot Corrector Serum
I enjoy changing my skin care products every 3-4 months, so it is rare that I have one product that sticks around for an extended period of time. This product has been in my regime for approximately 2 years, maybe more, and I genuinely love it! It has been in past empties posts I've done, but this stuff just works for my skin and for getting rid of hyperpigmentation. It does cost TT$180, but it works!
L'Oreal Youth Code Dark Spot Corrector Serum

Day Cream: L'Oreal Youth Code Dark Spot Corrector Day Cream with SPF 30.
 I figured if I love the serum, why not give the day cream a try. So far it's been working pretty well. It isn't super greasy, or too heavy for my skin, but it is a thick consistency creamy, so you only need to use a small amount to cover the surface of the face. I don't have any major complaints, but I am not 100% sure if I absolutely love it.
L'Oreal Youth Code Day Cream

Night Cream: Garnier Ultra Lift Miracle Sleeping Cream
Now I honestly don't think miracle is the correct word to describe this. This cream is marketed as an anti-age and anti-fatigue night cream, and claims that after the first use, the first morning, 93% of users said skin felt smoother & hydrated, while 77% said their skin looked well rested.
Well, after my first use I woke up with oily skin, but it did look brighter. After continued use, I still found that my skin would look bright, but not feel hydrated, it just looked oily.
The consistency of this product is very weird, it feels like pizza dough, and even smells that way also. It hasn't broken me out so I'll use it until I finish it but I don't see it becoming a necessity...and yes I know this is targeted towards older adults, but hey it's never too early for a near 24 year old to start thinking about anti-aging products.

Garnier Ultra Lift Miracle Sleeping Cream

Optional: Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream & Bio- Oil
These two products I rotate in and out of my routine, as moisturising options after having used my Frutique Exfoliating Gel. They both absorb into the skin quickly, and leave the skin feeling hydrated. The Bio-Oil has the added benefits of evening skin tone, reducing the appearance of scars. The Bio-Oil is roughly priced around TT$99, while the Garnier price, I cannot recall.
Bio-Oil and Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Cream

This is my current skin care routine, and it will definitely be changing towards the end of the 2015, but I do hope you enjoyed. As always, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to visit J's Mind Palace, and I hope you will stop by again very soon. I won't be doing a dedicated favourites post this month, because I haven't really bought much new products that I haven't already spoken about, but I may post something over on my Instagram (@ladyjpsych).

Thanks again for dropping by, stay happy, healthy and positive, and I shall see you next Friday!
Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment