Friday 23 October 2015

Product Review: NYX Cosmetics Infinite Shadow Stick: Rose Gold

Hello everyone!
Today, I have another quick product review on a not so new product by NYX Cosmetics.
I purchased this product on sale at a local store (Wonderful World), and I figured I would put it to the test.
N.B - This product is currently on sale at NYX Cosmetics website. I am not sponsored or affiliated with NYX Cosmetics. All products purchased were with my own money. 
 
NYX Infinite Shadow Stick in Rose Gold

Packaging:
  • This product is a non-retractable cream eyeshadow pencil. It is plastic pencil that you have to sharpen like a regular pencil. I personally would have preferred it being a retractable stick form similar to my beloved Avon Extralasting Shadow Pencils. 

Close up of Packaging
Product:
  • Dry Formula 
  • Pigmented 
  • Crease Resistant and Smudgeproof
  • Waterproof 
Compared to most cream/pencil eyeshadows, this one is quite drier in consistency, so it leaves a very small window for blending out, after being applied onto the lid. However, once it is blended out, it stays put all day. No smudging, no creasing, vibrant colour all day.
Swatch of Rose Gold Infinite Shadow Stick
Forewarning, the drier consistency does make applying liquid eyeliner evenly quite the task. 
Should have probably taken off my glasses, but the dry consistency made my eyeliner jagged.

Final Thoughts:
I do like this product, specifically the colour and staying power, however, the consistency alone is enough to warrant not repurchasing this product or purchasing more from the line. It is not a necessity, nor do I reach for it every single day. Although it sits on my vanity, I'll quicker reach for my Avon Extralasting Eyeshadow Pencils since those are very creamy, and easy to blend, and are also very long wearing, smudge and crease resistant.  
I would also recommend the Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Sticks, because they are super creamy and easy to blend, incredibly pigmented and last for ages on the eyes or in the waterline. In the end, the NYX Infinite Shadow Stick is not to me, an absolute most have product.

Conclusion:
Thank you all so much for stopping by today, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. A bit of a heads up, the next two weeks are going to be incredibly hectic since I have assignments, and assessments, so I may have to take a break from posting product reviews, but I have been thinking about chronicling my experience in my MSc. Clinical Psychology Postgraduate journey here on the blog, so that may become a brand new series here.  
As always feel free to check out my Instagram (@ladyjpsych), and also my Facebook (J's Mind Palace). Until next time, stay happy, healthy, and positive.

Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment