Thursday 3 July 2014

Makeup Battle Royale: Revlon Lash Potion vs. Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

Now just for clarification, I am not a makeup artist or makeup expert, I'm just a girl with a makeup addiction. I also happen to be a girl with some very picky lashes. On my right eye, my eyelashes are thicker and longer than those on the left (I will never understand why).

I fell in love with the Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara by Fabulash back in September 2013 It was on sale so I decided to pick it up and try it out since I was in a bit of a mascara runt. Prior to purchasing this I used religiously the Maybelline Falseies Black Drama Mascara, which is an absolutely amazing mascara. It gives me amazing volume and extreme black and full lashes but it's approximately TT$63 and that's ridiculously expensive. Then again makeup here in Trinidad is ridiculously expensive no matter where you shop (sighs).

The Grow Luscious gives me great volume and some lift. It's not as dramatic as the Falsies so I do use it everyday. I gotten so attached to the Grow Luscious that I haven't repurchased a single tube of the Falsies since I first picked this guy up. I'm on my third tube of it and I still love it oh so much. 

Now this post was initially just going to be strictly focusing on the Lash Potion Mascara but I figured sine I had the two I'll spill my thoughts on them both. Now the Lash Potion, it just doesn't do it for me. I really want to love this mascara but I just don't. The brush to me makes no sense whatsoever. It does give some good separation to my lashes, but I prefer the traditional brush of the Grow Luscious. 
Sorry about the crappy quality
The formula of the Lash Potion was extremely dry for me and it would flake as I was applying it. Now I'm not sure if it was just my tube or if it truly is the mascara itself, but nothing is more uncomfortable than holding this weirdo wand to your eye, applying your mascara and having black chunks of product fall into your eyes, making you tear up. At least Lash Potion is extremely waterproof and smudge-proof for me. I have worn this mascara on long, hot, humid days on campus, even through workouts and I don't end up with raccoon eyes so yay.  I usually only have to do two coats of the Grow Luscious to get my desired lash volume but with the Lash Potion I have to do 3-4 coats, no just no!
Would I repurchase the Lash Potion Mascara? - No! Nopey, no no! I only use it because I hate to waste money, so until it's finished or expired I will force myself to keep using it.

Well, that's all for me for today, I hope you all have a great week and weekend :D
I will talk to you soon, stay positive, stay happy and stay healthy.
Bye guys. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment