Friday 31 July 2015

Game Corner : The Return!

Hello everyone!
I'm so pleased to announce that Game Corner has finally returned!
I haven't posted a Game Corner is quite some time, and it was simply due to the fact that I wasn't really gaming as much. However, today I have two Nintendo 3DS games to discuss, that you can get in the Nintendo eShop. They are; Pokemon Rumble World and Pokemon Shuffle....yes I am 23 and love Pokémon!

Pokémon Rumble World
  • It is a free to start game, where you battle and collect over 700 Toy Pokémon. It's an easy and casual game that is perfect if you just want to unwind. 
  • I usually play this after I get home from work, to relax. The Toy Pokémon designs are absolutely adorable, and I enjoy the concept of using hot air balloons to get to the different areas. 
  • According to the information given about the game, there are 18 different areas with more than 80 stages, which to me is very impressive and generous for a free game. 
My complaints 
  • In order to catch the Toy Pokémon, they have to wobble during the battle or at the end of the battle and that wobbling increases the chances of catching them. However, I've found even with the items to increase the chance of the Toy Pokémon wobbling, if you're on a stage with only 1 more Toy to capture, the chances of that particular one wobbling are still very low.
  • Even after catching all the toys in a particular stage, you will more than likely end up repeating stages. The stage selection is similar to roulette, wherever the spotlight from the hot air balloon lands, that's where you'll be going. Despite the fact that repeating stages allows you the opportunity to catch more powerful toys, it gets annoying after a while. 
 Despite my annoyance with the repeating stages, I still find myself coming back to this game every evening. To me it's just a great way to relax and take the load of the day off of my shoulders.

Pokémon Shuffle

  • Free to play puzzle game. 
  • It's essentially Candy Crush or Bejeweled, where you match 3 or more of the same Pokémon. Each match sums the Pokémon's attack power, and does damage to your opponent (the Pokémon you are attempting to capture).
  • You have 5 hearts and hearts are used to play the stages (again like Candy Crush) and each heart takes approximately 30 minutes to replenish. 
  • Good way to relax and it is pretty fun to play. 
My complaints

  • None!

Conclusion
These two games are super chill and I do enjoy them on a daily basis, but I know for many people these won't be their cup of tea. If you're trying to relax and you're on a budget and you like Pokémon, why not give these a whirl, you've got nothing to lose!

Now this isn't the end, just yet, I'm now going to list a few games I hope to play in the coming months and that I may include in a future Game Corner;
  • Smite 
  • BloodBorne
  • Batman Arkham Knights 
  • MKX
  • Marvel Contest of Champions (app)
  • Fortress Fury (app)
If there is any game above, that you want me to spew my thoughts on first, please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.

That's all from me today, I may see you on Sunday, for some favourites and/or not so favourites *wink*
Until then, stay happy, healthy and positive (keep that optimism up!)
Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment