Friday 17 July 2015

Makeup Battle Royal #4: Battle of the Setting Sprays - Sacha Cosmetics versus L'Oreal


Welcome back to my blog.
Today, I have another Battle Royal(e) all about makeup setting sprays. One of which I've used for years, and the other is new to me but I've been enjoying it a great deal. Today, I'm putting the Sacha Cosmetics Fix It Setting Spray up against L'Oreal Infallible Pro Spray & Set.

Sacha Fix It Setting Spray (left), L'Oreal Infallible Pro Spray & Stay (right)
Packaging:
  • Sacha: Throughout the years, the Sacha Fix It has gone through many cosmetic changes. At first it was in a translucent plastic spray bottle, then it was a pure glossy black plastic bottle. However, the new Fix It spray comes in a silver metal spray bottle which I really do like.
  • L'Oreal: This is a matte black plastic spray bottle. I love the matte black and it feels extremely light, so your arms won't get tired when holding it up to spray.

Cost:
  • L'Oreal : $99.99TT; US$16.99 (L'Oreal Paris Website)
  • Sacha: $55-70TT (cannot recall the exact price, but prices vary where you purchase it); US$20 (Sacha Cosmetics Website) 

Product Claims:
  • Sacha: Sacha Fix It Spray instantly sets makeup, keeping it fresh and smudge-resistant for hours.
  • L'Oreal:  Makeup Extender Setting Spray, Long Lasting Finish, extends just applied makeup look. 
Don't expect either of these to keep you mattified throughout the day, because they are not designed for that. They strictly made to set your makeup and hopefully extend the wear of your products.
I will say that when I use the Sacha spray, the finished look tends to seem a bit more lived in but I have oily/combo skin, and I often experience my makeup smudging when I blot, even if I blot with blotting paper. However, with the L'Oreal I don't experience much smudging at all. The places I experience smudging with the Sacha spray are on the nose (glasses wearer, so it's common), under the eye and my forehead; whereas with the L'Oreal the smudging occurs on my nose only.


Scent:
Now I must warn you, the Sacha Fix It spray has a harsher scent than the L'Oreal. The Sacha tends to smell like astringent while the L'Oreal smells a bit like aloe baby powder with alcohol (weird description I know!). I've gotten use to the scent of the Sacha Fix It so it doesn't bother me too much, but if you're sensitive to smells you may prefer to try the L'Oreal.

Winner?! - It's a Draw!
Honestly, I can't choose a clear winning because some days, I prefer the finish of the Sacha over the L'Oreal and vice versa, and sometimes the smudging does not bother me. To me these are both well preforming setting sprays, and what it truly boils down to is how much you want to pay for your setting spray.

Thank you for coming out and reading today's post, I hope you enjoyed. I'm sorry I couldn't choose a clear winner, but at the end of the day, my word is not the be all and end all, what I may enjoy you may dislike.
Anyhow, I do hope you all have a great weekend, Eid Mubarack to all of my Muslim readers, and I shall see you all next week with another review (I'm on fire with these reviews...lol!)

Remember to stay happy,, healthy and positive,
until next time...
Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment