Sunday 2 August 2015

July Makeup Favourites!

Hello darlings!

Welcome to my July Makeup Favourites! I'm actually really excited for this post, July was a great month for me, coming down to the end, and I can't wait to see what August has in store for me. Without keeping you in a realm of my endless blabbering, let's get started on this past month's favourites.

July Makeup Favourites
Face: 

Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless
Fit Me Matte and Poreless 310 Sun Beige
  • I have been reaching for this foundation more than my L'Oreal foundations all of July. It's super creamy texture makes it very easy to blend and it has a solid medium-full coverage. Perfect shade match for me (310 Sun Beige), and it doesn't break down excessively throughout long, hot and humid days. I do have a full review on this and I will post the link to it at the end of this blog post. 
Eyes: 

Eyeshadows: NYX Trio in Golden/Rust/Walnut Bronze and Avon Single Eyeshadow in Champagne 


  • All these eyeshadows are extremely pigmented, they have a soft and buttery texture and they translate beautifully on the eyes.

    NYX Trio:
  • Walnut Bronze on my eyes and with my skin tone, tends to come off as an extremely warm reddish bronze shade. However, the lighting in this picture dulls the shade and doesn't do it much justice.
  • Rust is a straight up reddish/coppery/cranberry type colour. It really differs to my eye depending on how light hits it. Absolutely love this shade, and I even have it in the original single shadow. 
  • Golden...I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love gold!! Gold eyeshadows to me just scream wear me everyday, and on most days I do love to wear gold eyeshadows. Golden specifically strikes me as an antique gold. A perfect melting of yellow and bronze gold. 

    Avon Single Eyeshadow
  • This is my go-to inner corner highlight. It is a metallic finish, although it is marketed as a shimmer eyeshadow, but nonetheless, its high shine finish brightens the inner corners of the eye making you look wide eyed and awake. 
Eyeliner & Mascara: 
Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Noir & Jordana Best Lash Extreme in Black

Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Noir


  • I know you constantly hear about the Rimmel ScandalEyes Kohl Eyeliner, but these Exaggerate Eye Definers are awesome. They are very waterproof and smudge resistant, they are retractable pencils and they have a built-in smudger and sharpener. They are also extremely creamy, they glide onto the eye without pull or tugging the eye area. I use this to tighline, I use it on my upper lash liner and also on my waterline, if I'm feeling that look. 
Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara in Black
  • Holy mascara Batman! This TT$20 mascara, has me gaga! Undoubtedly, this is one of the best mascaras I have ever used. It volumizes, and defines each eyelash effortlessly. My eyelashes look longer, more voluminous and defined without looking clumpy or laden with product. I haven't had any issues with it running, flaking off or smudging throughout the day. A little warning though, the brush which is a very traditional mascara wand, has the tendency to pick up a lot of excess product, so I'd advise cleaning the brush off a bit before applying it. I've been reaching for this more than my Maybelline The Rocket and L'Oreal Voluminious Lash-Out Butterfly mascaras.
Best Lash Extreme Mascara Wand
 Lips: 

Lipliners: Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner in Mystery Mauve and Avon Ultra Luxury Lip Liner in Neutral. 


  • Recently, I've been really into lip balm and lip liner only. I've never been a huge fan of lip glosses, and I haven't been in much of a lipstick wearing mood. These two liners have been my immediate, every morning lip liners, and I even throw them into my makeup bag for light touch ups after lunch. I love the colours, but the texture of these lip liners are so amazing. They are extremely soft and pigmented. 
  • I am in the process of hunting down similar colours to these because...Avon is no longer available in Trinidad and I do believe in the wider Caribbean (=_=').
'Tis the end of my July Makeup Favourites, and I hope you all enjoyed. I wanted to say thank you for the support on the return of Game Corner, I'm so happy to be reviving that series on the blog, so look out for more Game Corner posts in the coming months.
Do feel free to share some of your favourites from the month of July in the comments, I would love to hear from you all!
Until Friday, I hope you all have a productive and safe week. Stay happy, positive and healthy, and I will talk to you all very soon.
Bye guys (^_^)/

Links:
Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Review : http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/07/maybelline-fit-me-matte-and-poreless.html

No comments:

Post a Comment