Friday 24 July 2015

Review : Rimmel SCANDALEYES Eyeshadow Paint and Eyeshadow Stick

Another Friday, another blog post.

Hey everyone, how are you today? I really hope you're all safe and enjoying your day.
I'm continuing my month of reviews this week, with a couple of products that I absolutely love!
Today's post is going to be all about the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Paints and Eyeshadow Sticks. I have two (2) of each product, and I'm most definitely going to pick up some more. Now, I may have mentioned these products in a few favourites post I've done in the past, but I decided that they needed their own time in the spotlight.

I know many of my foreign readers may not care to read a post about these products since they came out a long time ago over in the UK, USA and Europe, but Rimmel has only been available in Trinidad for approximately one (1) year, so a lot of these products are new to myself and my fellow Caribbean peeps. So without any further ado, let's get into the review.

Rimmel SCANDALEYES Eyeshadow Paint
 
Swatches: Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Paints in Pomegranate(left) and Rich Russet (right)


The two shades I own are; 019 Pomegranate and 006 Rich Russet.
I was highly skeptical about purchasing these because I saw many mixed reviews on it. It was either people absolutely loved them or they absolutely hated them. So, I decided to try them out for myself to see whether or not I liked them. 
These eyeshadow paints are not cream eyeshadows, they are liquid eyeshadows and recently liquid eyeshadows have been "trendy"...I don't know, I'm not one who cares for trends. If I like something, I'm going to wear it whether it's in season or out of season, I really don't care.
Liquid eyeshadows are thinner in consistency to cream eyeshadows, so you have to be careful when blending these out because you run the risk of removing the product from the eye. However, when applied correctly, these are longlasting, beautifully pigmented, and great to grab on an early morning when you are in a hurry. I've been using Rich Russet all week, I wore it for my Master's interview with a warm matte brown shadow in the crease, yesterday, I wore it all over my lid with some mascara, and today I wore it as a base for my (Avon) Satin Taupe eyeshadow with a pop of Makeup Geek Insomnia pigment in the inner corner.

Today's Makeup: Lids: Rich Russet as a base, (Avon) Satin Taupe (lash line to crease) and Makeup Geek Insomnia Pigment (inner corner)

Rimmel SCANDALEYES Eyeshadow Stick

Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Blackmail (left) and Bad Girl Bronze (right)
 I have had my fair share of love/hate relationships with jumbo eyeshadow pencils in the past...I'm looking at you NYX. However, these Rimmel pencil have me singing a happier tune. These are extremely soft and pigmented and extremely long wearing. I've been using 008 Blackmail to tightline and the only time I look like panda is when I'm removing my makeup. I tend to use 003 Bad Girl Bronze, as a stand alone eyeshadow all over the lid on days when time isn't on my side. Through heat and humidity these eyeshadows sticks last. They are amazing on their own or you can use them as a base. I am planning on getting more of these, especially since I can get so much use out of them as an eyeshadow base, a stand alone eyeshadow or a longlasting, waterproof eyeliner.

I highly recommend these two products, and no this is not a sponsored or paid post for Rimmel. I am 100% positive that Rimmel don't even know I exist.

I hope you all have a safe and fun weekend.
I hope to see you all again next Friday for another post.
Stay happy, positive and healthy guys!
Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment