Saturday 9 January 2016

Best in Beauty 2015: Eyes

Hello everyone! Welcome back!

Today, I'm going to be talking about my favourite eye makeup of 2015. A lot of the products being mentioned would have separate reviews that I shall link to at the end of the blog post.

Eyebrows:
NYX Tinted Brow Mascara
Revlon Brow Fantasy
  • NYX Tinted Brow Mascara - BrunetteThis product has become a staple for me since I first purchased it. My only problem is that my local NYX retailers never seem to have it stock. This tinted brow mascara has become my everyday, go-to eyebrow product, for natural fuller looking brows.




  • Revlon Brow Fantasy - Dark Brown  
    For slightly more defined brows, this two in one pencil and brow gel is what I turn to. It is easy to use, and the pencil has the right mix of stiffness and pigmentation to help you avoid going overboard on the brows. 






Primers:
  • Smashbox 24HR Photo Finish Eyeshadow Primer
  • Milani Eyeshadow Primer 
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion 
 
My trio of Eye Primer Faves - Smashbox 24 Photo Finish, Milani Eye Primer and UDPP
I know you're probably sick of seeing these three (3) eyeshadow primers constantly, however as a Caribbean girl, with oily eyelids, believe me when I say these primers work. They don't cause my shadows to slip or slide (both cream and powder), and I get very minimal to no creasing with them. The Smashbox 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer, is thicker in consistency, and lasts the longest of the three, however, because of its limited availability in Trinidad, I tend to save using it for special occasions. The Urban Decay Primer Potion and Milani Eyeshadow Primer, are very similar, I shall leave my review for those at the end.

Palette:

  •  MAC Cosmetics Warm Neutral Palette
    MAC Warm Neutrals Palette
    Was there any need for me to mention this?! It's a palette fulled with beauty warm neutral colours a.k.a. my eyeshadow heaven. I've already done  full review with swatches, so I won't linger on this. 

Single Eyeshadows:
 
Most Loved Eyeshadows of 2015
  •  Prestige Single Eyeshadow in Golden Retriever 
  • Avon Single Eyeshadow in Champagne 
  • ColourPop Cosmetics Super Shock Eyeshadow in Hammered 
  • L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Golden Sage

    Both the Avon and Prestige Shadows have been featured previously. Check links at the end of the post.
    In 2015, I developed a love for green eyeshadows . They not only complement my eye colour, but they work great with my skin tone also. I've had the L'Oreal Infallible in Golden Sage for quite some time, but was too scared to casually wear green eyeshadow, but once I reminded myself that people's opinion on my makeup don't matter, I popped it on and fell in love.
L'Oreal Infallible in Golden Sage

Golden Sage, led to my decision to purchase ColourPop Hammered, because I wanted a smokier olive green eyeshadow for the longest time but again was to afraid to buy it and never use it. ColourPop eyeshadows are amazing! The texture is creamy, and is extremely pigmented. I'm definitely wanting to get my hands on some more.
ColourPop Super Shock Shadow - Hammered

 Mascara:

In 2015, two (2) mascaras stood out from all the rest I've tried, although I still love the L'Oreal Butterfly Effect, Jordana Best Lash Extreme and Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Mascaras, were my definite favourites. Honourary mention to Maybelline The Rocket Mascara, which I also enjoyed this year.
Favourite Mascaras 2015.
Eyeliner:
L'Oreal 24HR Lacquer Liner in Espresso and Blackest Black ( I haven't tried anything new that beats this)

 This is only part 1 of my 2015 Best in Beauty, next week will be Face products of 2015.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, I hope you enjoyed.
As always stay happy, healthy, and positive and I shall talk to you all soon.
Bye (^_^)/

Links to Reviews featuring products in this post:
  1. NYX Tinted Brow Mascara - http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/10/product-review-nyx-tinted-brow-mascara.html
  2. Milani Primer - http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/07/milani-eyeshadow-primer-is-it-dupe-for.html
  3. MAC Warm Neutrals - http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/09/mac-cosmetics-warm-neutral-palette.html
  4. Prestige Eyeshadow -  http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/06/my-favourite-single-eyeshadows-part-1.html
  5. Avon Single Eyeshadow -  http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2014/08/product-rave-avon-single-eyeshadow.html
  6. Jordana Best Lash Extreme -  http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/08/july-makeup-favourites.html
  7. Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal - http://jsmindpalace.blogspot.com/2015/11/first-impression-review-maybelline-pump.html

No comments:

Post a Comment