Friday 21 August 2015

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer Review

Hello everyone!

I've had a very emotional week this week, and initially wasn't planning to post today. However, I decided that since I was near the end of my Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer, that I would a short and quick review for you all.

Before I get started, I just wanted to say thank you so much for 800 views on my blog. I'm very grateful for all your support ^w^.

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer 

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002
Product Claims:
  1. Smoothes
  2. Resurfaces
  3. Brightens
  4. Mattifies
  5. Protects
  6. Prolongs foundation wear 
For me, the first two claims go hand in hand. This product does smooth and even out the skin's texture. I have enlarged pores on my cheeks, and although they are still noticeable when I use the primer, my skin feels super smooth, and my foundations glide on easily, and my enlarged pores are not as noticeable once the foundation is applied.

I haven't really noticed any brightening effects with this primer so the third claim, I'm just going to cross out. However, this primer does mattify the skin once applied, and depending on the climate you live it, it just might keep you matte for half the day or even all day. For me, I usually have to blot after 3 hours of initial application, but then again oily/combo skin, in the Caribbean, it's to be expected.

Finally, the claim that it protects is slightly vague. I will say that I haven't broken out while using this primer, and I've not noticed any clogged pores. If the claim protects means it protects the skin from whatever you apply on top of it (which all primers basically do by creating a barrier between your skin care products and makeup), then yes it does the job.

Product and Texture:

This product is a white, lotion type primer that dries down clear. It has a very strong fragrance, but it wanes after being applied. The scent reminds me of baby lotion, so if you can't stand heavy fragrances, I'll recommend trying another primer.

Swatches of Fix & Perfect Primer by Rimmel
Conclusion:
I got so wrapped up in using this primer since I purchased it, that it became an everyday staple. This definitely a product that I will buy again. I will however have to add a mattifer on top just to have added oil control, but even without a dedicated mattifier, I really do enjoy this primer. I still can't believe I didn't notice earlier how much I enjoyed this primer, and I'm sad that it's almost finished. If you are in the market for a good drugstore primer, although the e.l.f Mineral Face Primer is my hands down favourite, Rimmel Fix & Perfect comes it very closely in second place. 

Thank you all for visiting my blog once again, I hope you all enjoyed. Next week I am hoping to do a skin care routine post *fingers crossed*
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I shall talk to you again very soon. Stay happy, positive and healthy, until next time....
Bye guys (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment