Friday 14 August 2015

L.A Girl Cosmetics Matte Flat Finish Pigment Glosses Swatches and Review


Hello everyone! Welcome back!

I'm feeling better this week, so I decided to play with my L.A. Girl Cosmetics Matte Flat Finish Pigment Glosses that I recently purchased. If you live in Trinidad and want to get your hands on these, you can find them at Tres Belle Cosmetique, Wonderful World, or you can order them from The BeautyBox 868.

I have four shades to share with you today, two of the shades, I've done wear tests with. The shades I own are;
  1. Fleur - peachy nude
  2. Rebel - a mid tone purpley-mauve shade
  3. Secret - deep brick red
  4. Backstage - deep/vampy berry (with purple undertones)
L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss
Wear Testing
I've worn both Fleur (to work) and Rebel (visiting my grandma), and I can say that they are very lightweight, and they do tend to stay the lips for a long time. They wear beautifully throughout the day, even if you are eating and drinking, I'd say approximately 5-6 hours...I lost track of time.....but they leave a nice stain to the lips.
Taken from my Instagram: @ladyjpsych

   
Taken from my Instagram: @ladyjpsych
Application
In terms of application, the product has a flat doe type applicator that makes it easy to get the product on and remain within the lines of the lips. However, I do use a lip liner with Fleur, because on it's own it tends to wash out my complexion. These glosses take a while to set, usually about 1minutes (60 seconds) for one layer, and I would advise not smacking your lips together while the product is setting, because it causes the product to flake off.

Backstage & Secret (Lip Swatches)
Backstage is the only one of my four that requires two layers to get the true colour, although on my lips Rebel doesn't look as purple as the swatch but I still really love the colour I get in one layer.
    
Lip Swatch of Backstage (2 layers) 
 Secret is going to become a staple for me, because I absolutely adore red lips.
Lip Swatch of Secret (1 layer)
In the end, these are very good products for the price (I paid $35TT on sale), and if you like liquid lipsticks, give these a try. They're inexpensive, long lasting, pigmented, matte without being overly drying the lips, and the chubby packaging is super cute.

Before I end, I just wanted to thank those of you who read my post last week. I'm not usually one to talk about feeling down, however, as I grow older, and I get closer to my dream of becoming a psychologist, it will be important for me to talk about particular topics, mostly mental health, and I se my blog as a great way to integrate that practice.

Thanks again for coming back to my blog, if you're new, then thank you for stopping by and I hope you will pay my blog another visit. Until next Friday, I hope you all stay happy, positive, and healthy!

Bye (^_^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment